• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When durum is not durum???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When durum is not durum???

Interesting read in the WP about some 5CWAD contracts where some farmers outplayed a grain company.

I am not saying either way the way I feel about it.

Just interesting.

I will say this...I would bet the CGC looks into this alot faster than any farmer complaint.

link ?

Comment

I am not a subscriber but the article was on a WP email I signed up for. Did not know that #5 durum could include 49% wheat of other classes. Have been a victim of Viterra's property price discount in the past though. In my case it was finding enough damage (heat and frost) in HRSW to downgrade to feed. Viterra does have a partner in crime which is the CPP. The CPP not the CCP although that may be true as well.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
        link ?
        https://www.producer.com/news/durum-spat-raises-questions/?module=carousel&pgtype=homepage&i=1

Comment

I wouldn’t be surprised if they try and do something similar with canola oil.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
            I wouldn’t be surprised if they try and do something similar with canola oil.
            In New contracts they might be able to change terms and conditions.

But existing contracts, I would let a judge decide.

Comment

I tip my hat to those farmers. Good for them.

Comment

Yea... viterra should be eating that one.

One has to wonder, were they looking to "make the difference" themselves?

Lord knows theres always that special bin that magically disappears by slowly dribbling it in.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                  In New contracts they might be able to change terms and conditions.

But existing contracts, I would let a judge decide.
                  Oh I’m sure they’ll be placing oil specs in future contracts.

But they probably aren’t beyond trying to sneak a discount in for the low oil they’re currently contracted to take.

Comment

Just look what companies are doing now with protein payments over 13.5.

Comment

Every grade is allowed certain tolerances for FM and damage etc and often grain is blended to the max when shipping. Farmers have always been able to pre blend before delivering but rarely do it because they aren't set up for the accuracy needed. That is where farmer owned grain companies could return a lot of profit back to owners.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...