• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil could hit $100 this winter and spur global economic crisis: Bank of America

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
    True jazz, USD trend appears higher yet right now. This is a direct challenge for U.S. exports. Silver absolutely smoked over the past few months. Gold struggles continue.

Loonie could break sharply if crude fails in-part pressured by the rising USD.
    Currencies are complex, however, while oil is making new highs, the loonie is lagging.

I have no idea why, however, it forces me to question if this rise in oil is sustainable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6C1!_2021-10-05_11-13-53.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	771734

https://klarenbach.substack.com/

https://t.me/klarenbachresearch

Comment

Originally posted by wheatking16 View Post
      Currencies are complex, however, while oil is making new highs, the loonie is lagging.

I have no idea why, however, it forces me to question if this rise in oil is sustainable.

[ATTACH]8819[/ATTACH]

https://klarenbach.substack.com/

https://t.me/klarenbachresearch
      I've heard it said that currency traders have to be much smarter and much more ahead of the curve than anyone else. Martin Armstrong seems to use currency flows as predictions of most other trends. So this is probably worth following.
      And besides that, back when oil first fell below 100 to stay, I made a bet with the president of a local oil industry company that oil wouldn't be back above $100 for 10 years. So I would appreciate if it waited a little bit longer.
      Wheat King 16 and farming 101 , please start more threads and contribute to existing threads to get this forum back on track. And perhaps attract some relevant posters again

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Less rigs north of here , the steam plants are proving to be very efficient so drill spots are actually down with production way up over traditional wells here
        Actually most cold oil well production is virtually shut down now
        Steam plant activity has ramped up dramatically NW and north of here the past few years
        Yes those thermal setups are turn key built and hauled out to site pretty much knowing all in costs and production before they start extracting. Even Fort Mac country has lots of sag d too. Cold wells are a million dollar shot per hole and chances of success or failure 50/50. Oil patch has automated and become far more efficient in past 10 years. Newer rigs require scads less bodies. Thermal projects produce more oil than 100’s of wells combined with not much need for services like vacs, flushby, coil tube, steamers, or in field fluid haulers. No need for oilfield personnel in large numbers aside from construction. Cold wells will still be around. Smaller outfits will keep them going but anything new in the heavy oil zone of nw sask is thermal.

Comment

The majors have said they will not be drilling along side this price increase because that caused the shale crash 8 yrs ago.

They are going to let the price ride and teach the ESG fools a little lesson in the meantime. Little payback for Build Back Better Biden too. If AB was smart, they would get into the pain business as well and send a little message down east for putting fckstick back in as PM.

Comment

Storyline today suggested Russia did some blinking today.

Crude oil technically showed a bearish reversal late day. Also, natural gas futures plunged 80 cents per gigajoule mid-day off early morning highs.

Energies not for the faint-of-heart these days . . . .

Comment

Cost of energy in general will influence consumer spending as essentials cost increases to the point the consumer has no disposable funds for the non essentials. The covid cash was/is a bandaid on a 3rd degree burn. It created a spending spree on crap for a spell but now the reality of the increases in essentials is beginning to temper this. For the time being economies around the world are flat because consumerism is dead for now. If this how the green agenda wants it so be it. I personally like to be frugal but everyone forced to live poor won’t end well. End of the day money talks and if big money isn’t making big money govt doesn’t get the big money. They need to be careful or there’ll be nothing left to build back better.

Comment

Was watching BNN this morning and had a guest from Quebec explaining that to meet future targets they would have to quit putting gas furnaces in houses and buildings and use electricity instead. Furthermore all gas, oil and coal generation plants would have to be shutdown leaving wind, solar, nuclear and hydro as the only viable options. No new hydro or nuclear projects that I know of and with all the greenies and indigenous so called rights don’t see any of these moving forward in the coming years. And even more important the electrical grid system would never handle the increased flow electricity, My WAG on this that we would have to generate at least 4 fold or more to use electrical heat and cars. Maybe it time for the Liberals to cut back on the weed so they could do some rational thinking before they start going down this road.

Comment

I say let them go for it
                  It will be a valuable lesson for many

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    I say let them go for it
                    It will be a valuable lesson for many
                    Yes! Remember years ago I got offered a deal to rent some cows and land from a neighbour. As it turned out the cows and owner were less than stellar and I had a blowout thanks to my Irish temper. After it all blew out my old man told me I coulda told you to stay away from the bugger but I knew you had to learn a lesson. Hard ass love I guess but proves your point. Like the 4H motto.

Comment

GMC chev introduces truck with 400 mile
                      Between charge.

Comment

The last time energy prices soared gas guzzlers were a hard sell and a lot of wealth was transferred from consumers to oil producers.

Are farmers looking forward to paying higher fuel costs just so Alberta and the oil companies can prosper?

As long as grain prices are high nobody seems to care as much. But lower income consumers that have to heat their homes and put gas in their cars take a bigger hit.

Higher prices will help make alternatives and conservation a more attractive choice which will help speed the transition away from fossil fuels. So high prices will drive a lot of change in consumption.

Comment

The carbon tax will bother me much more. This morning Gormley said that my natural gas to heat with will cost 3x what it did last year because of carbon tax.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                            The last time energy prices soared gas guzzlers were a hard sell and a lot of wealth was transferred from consumers to oil producers.

Are farmers looking forward to paying higher fuel costs just so Alberta and the oil companies can prosper?

As long as grain prices are high nobody seems to care as much. But lower income consumers that have to heat their homes and put gas in their cars take a bigger hit.

Higher prices will help make alternatives and conservation a more attractive choice which will help speed the transition away from fossil fuels. So high prices will drive a lot of change in consumption.
                            For anyone who believes that the cost of alternative energy supplies will not follow the fossils fuels higher…………….you’re in for a special surprise!!!!

Comment

Well it’s obvious governments left right or centre
                              need that revenue so that’s a no brainer

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

Yes. Carbon taxes exacerbates that for lower income people. As a farmer it is a cost of doing business which I cannot avoid nor pass on. Honestly what can I do to offset energy increases or carbon taxes. If you are actually a farmer what is affecting you and how are you mitigating these increases in energy? It is easy to flap your gums and put lol to everything but what can you tell us dumb ass farmers which will lower our carbon footprint and help us out? Truly if you are not a troll and really a farmer enlighten me please. I follow a lot of alternative energy stuff. I really don’t want to run out of fuel for as long as I live. None of want to. We also don’t want to be paying through the ass through it neither. Think we all want the same but tech isn’t quite there to satisfy yet. Please enlighten me.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...