• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil could hit $100 this winter and spur global economic crisis: Bank of America

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuckonomics so bizarre as to not be worth the effort of response.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
      Yes. Carbon taxes exacerbates that for lower income people. As a farmer it is a cost of doing business which I cannot avoid nor pass on. Honestly what can I do to offset energy increases or carbon taxes. If you are actually a farmer what is affecting you and how are you mitigating these increases in energy? It is easy to flap your gums and put lol to everything but what can you tell us dumb ass farmers which will lower our carbon footprint and help us out? Truly if you are not a troll and really a farmer enlighten me please. I follow a lot of alternative energy stuff. I really don’t want to run out of fuel for as long as I live. None of want to. We also don’t want to be paying through the ass through it neither. Think we all want the same but tech isn’t quite there to satisfy yet. Please enlighten me.
      chucks tuning out ,hard questions , propaganda staff working on a reply

Comment

Yes. Carbon taxes exacerbates that for lower income people. As a farmer it is a cost of doing business which I cannot avoid nor pass on. Honestly what can I do to offset energy increases or carbon taxes. If you are actually a farmer what is affecting you and how are you mitigating these increases in energy? It is easy to flap your gums and put lol to everything but what can you tell us dumb ass farmers which will lower our carbon footprint and help us out? Truly if you are not a troll and really a farmer enlighten me please. I follow a lot of alternative energy stuff. I really don’t want to run out of fuel for as long as I live. None of want to. We also don’t want to be paying through the ass through it neither. Think we all want the same but tech isn’t quite there to satisfy yet. Please enlighten me.
        I am not surprised that most of the usual suspects can't understand why we need to reduce carbon emissions because most of them deny that human caused climate change is even a problem.

Every small step away from fossil energy I have mentioned has been met with it doesn't work, or its too expensive and a long list of negative bullshit.

Climate change has a price that is much more expensive and a much bigger problem.

Now that energy prices are currently rising because of market forces and not carbon taxes, you are going to have to bite the bullet and pay the energy companies for higher market prices. Simple as that.

This debate is a lot like the covid debate. The science and evidence is ignored and many of the usual suspects won't change their closed minds.

There is not much point in having a detailed discussion on Agriville about how agriculture is going to reduce carbon emissions, when the majority of posters are human caused climate change deniers.

Agriville is a complete waste of time on this and many other issues. The real work and productive discussion is happening elsewhere.

And yes I farm and spend a lot on energy just like everyone else who farms.

Comment

Nice self portrait there JWAB!

Comment

The oil supercycle will be glorious eh chuck. Canada (cough I mean Alberta) might be able to pay back some of our enormous debt.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Anyone that has farmed clearly knows that wind and solar will NEVER power this economy.

Anyway, thanks for putting my kids through college.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
              I am not surprised that most of the usual suspects can't understand why we need to reduce carbon emissions because most of them deny that human caused climate change is even a problem.

Every small step away from fossil energy I have mentioned has been met with it doesn't work, or its too expensive and a long list of negative bullshit.

Climate change has a price that is much more expensive and a much bigger problem.

Now that energy prices are currently rising because of market forces and not carbon taxes, you are going to have to bite the bullet and pay the energy companies for higher market prices. Simple as that.

This debate is a lot like the covid debate. The science and evidence is ignored and many of the usual suspects won't change their closed minds.

There is not much point in having a detailed discussion on Agriville about how agriculture is going to reduce carbon emissions, when the majority of posters are human caused climate change deniers.

Agriville is a complete waste of time on this and many other issues. The real work and productive discussion is happening elsewhere.

The answer from Chuck2 is always the same. I have directly asked him in the past how he was going lower his carbon footprint on the farm. He has always said there is no point “in having a detailed discussion on Agriville because the majority of posters are human caused climate change deniers”.(edited for brevity)

There is no doubt that market forces are pushing up the price of energy. But the lack of supply of natural gas as an example, is being created by government policy. Governments have forced the closure of coal electrical generation as an example. Most coal plants had a captive supply of fuel which to a great extent wasn’t subject to outside market forces. Natural gas which has replaced a lot of these coal plants has many other uses and markets. So while many depend on it for heat they also now depend on it for electricity. Then after creating this increased usage of natural gas governments tried to reduce investment by producers in more exploration and production. Europe is suffering from a Government induced energy crisis and Putin is reaping all the rewards. At the same time China is putting more gigawatts of new coal generation online in one year(have posted the link in the past) than exist in the rest of the world. Plus pushing the world price of coal up because it is short of coal. I am not against eliminating coal we just need a better more dependable replacement like modular nuclear reactors!

Comment

Okay I’ll start if you think I’m a denier. I winter my cows in the field and feed every second day. No manure to haul and less fertilizer needed to grow feed. Also, fuel usage way less than feeding in the yard. I use alfalfa in hay and pasture to lessen the need for nitrogen fertilizer. I’m cheap and anything which reduces costs is a win. When I built my house I put extra insulation on it and use all led lights. My daily driver is a v6 which uses less fuel than the v8 I had before. Been no till for 10 years now. Only tillage that gets done is usual wet spots and old rough hay fields get worked. I am not far from the city but don’t make a habit of going to town for “coffee”. I really despise excessive packaging on goods and try to make an effort not to buy a bunch of junk sourced abroad and buy North American or at least from countries with higher standards and human rights. I think being environmentally conscious and supportive of democracy goes hand in hand but let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water which I think some are doing by mothballing too much of our present energy infrastructure for not completely proven alternatives.

Comment

A good article today on Reuters: China digs in on coal, oil gains as energy crisis deepens.

Comment

Okay I’ll start if you think I’m a denier. I winter my cows in the field and feed every second day. No manure to haul and less fertilizer needed to grow feed. Also, fuel usage way less than feeding in the yard. I use alfalfa in hay and pasture to lessen the need for nitrogen fertilizer. I’m cheap and anything which reduces costs is a win. When I built my house I put extra insulation on it and use all led lights. My daily driver is a v6 which uses less fuel than the v8 I had before. Been no till for 10 years now. Only tillage that gets done is usual wet spots and old rough hay fields get worked. I am not far from the city but don’t make a habit of going to town for “coffee”. I really despise excessive packaging on goods and try to make an effort not to buy a bunch of junk sourced abroad and buy North American or at least from countries with higher standards and human rights. I think being environmentally conscious and supportive of democracy goes hand in hand but let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water which I think some are doing by mothballing too much of our present energy infrastructure for not completely proven alternatives.
                    Sounds like you are not a denier and are making some significant effort to reduce emissions and adapt.
                    Renewables and other low carbon options are going to part of the transition. We are not going to give up all fossil sources until there are viable options. But some people on this site won't support any wind or solar as Alberta is adding significant amounts of both.

Comment

for christs sake chuck , we all do
                      thats what a farmer is FFS
                      there isn't anyone more in tune with weather and the land, or dependant on it than a farmer
                      and you're cheerleading for f u c k in assholes that jet set around the country preaching , like that ignorant arsehole jettsetting around the country on her farewell tour, completely out of touch with reality

Comment

Sounds like you are not a denier and are making some significant effort to reduce emissions and adapt.
                        Renewables and other low carbon options are going to part of the transition. We are not going to give up all fossil sources until there are viable options. But some people on this site won't support any wind or solar as Alberta is adding significant amounts of both.
                        We all do what we can , you just assume otherwise to throw dirt at everyone

Comment

If chuck does farm he has survived by watching the bottom line, margins, profit, building equity, and paying down debt.
                          All the things he advocates against for our economy.
                          Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                            If chuck does farm he has survived by watching the bottom line, margins, profit, building equity, and paying down debt.
                            All the things he advocates against for our economy.
                            Nuff said.
                            Clearly so.

However, unless you are living under a rock or in complete denial of the over-arching realities, you have to realize by now - to some degree - that the visionary chunkie's heroes are going to dictate how you farm.

And this, within a very few years.

A very interesting item by Alex Binkley in the Ontario Farmer this week detailing the impact of the incoming fertilizer regulations, outlining how much they will reduce Canadian food production. (Analysis shows shocking impact of fertilizer regs, Binkley, pg 14)

The projections are that residual canola available for export after domestic consumption will fall to 750,000 tonnes, by the year 2030. (There's that 2030 number again - things that make you go hmmmm...)

Wheat production is also forecast to be reduced by a staggering volume that would cause major world food shortages.

And that's without taking into account the dreadful impact of human-caused, excessive CO2-driven climate change. Yup!!

Oh, and this thrown in - it will be easy to ensure compliance with the restrictions on your fertilizer purchases because you will just have to swipe your Green Social Citizen Approval Pass, that nice little convenience card that you got when you submitted to your 16th ja- oh, we can't go there anymore since it's not ag-related.

And once you've swiped your limit, no more of that destructive NPKnS for you, buddy! Move along.

NEXT.

You think it can't happen.

Well if you look at the forced compliance into which Canadians and other world citizens were herded in the past 9 months, how could any rational person deny that future governments won't implement the restrictions that they are now openly announcing, however insane they may be?

And to think that you won't even be allowed to question it...

And I might add that when these restrictions start coming down, they are going to happen so fast and so hard that the entire industry will be kept on its heels and unable to even react defensively, let alone come up with a meaningful counter-plan.

We have the evidence of such demonic activity right before our eyes. And with the open support of many we know. And once trusted.

Think about it. Or live in denial.

Who cares?
                            Last edited by burnt; Oct 8, 2021, 14:46.

Comment

So be very nice to chunkie.

He's gonna be your Compliance Inspector some day soon.

Comment

Quich'yo talking smack there man!

What does it matter what you "want to be paying"?

Who cares if you run out of fuel as long as you live? And an exorbitant cost is only fair since it increases your social credit score by decreasing your carbon footprint - SIGNIFICANTLY.

If your silly little wants don't line up with the social narrative, they don't deserve the oxygen you consume in saying them.

You should know by now that you're just a selfish little prick if you put your personal values ahead of what the Just Society says they should be.

HOW DARE YOU?

So don't you even question it, you human virus!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...