• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fertilizer Poll

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
    46-0-0 2020 $465 2021 $990.
    11-52. 2020 $645. 2021 $1130.
    0-0-60 2020 $450. 2021 $795.
    20.5-0-0-24 2020 $365 2021 $590.

Yes quite a change from last year.
    How recent are those prices?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      How recent are those prices?
      Prices were agreed to on Oct.7. Different retailer than last year. Last years retailer had a higher price and earliest available product was December.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
        I'll soil test before freeze up. Itll make no difference... theres nothing to freeze. I'll be drilling cores rather than step-on probing anyway.

If they dont have any come spring then so be it. I'll try to scrounge up some phos for peas, and if theres no N, then maybe put some 20-0-0-24 down for starter and call it a day.

You can jack commodity prices to the moon, and if we dont end up with MASSIVE amounts of fall precip and snow, it'll all be money down the drain here!

Theres nothing, nada, zilch for moisture from the surface down to 4+ feet.
        Moisture levels here are pretty much the same. Some rain or snow would be great right now. Sure been waiting a long time for it , but..... We are one day closer!

Comment

Prices have gone insane in the last week. Retailer said over 1300 for Phos

Comment

Im thinking the fertilizer industry will have to do something to start moving product. Retailers are not filling up because they don’t want to get shafted with overpriced inventory and farmers will not buy at these prices. The dry conditions may kick the fertilizer industry in the ass if we don’t get any significant rain or snow by Christmas. How much fertilizer will you be putting in the ground if its bone dry at seeding.

Comment

I can still get phos for $1100 but potash price is on hold for now until my retailer can access supply. You would think that high N prices would curb corn acres therefore less demand for potash.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                How is it possible potash supply in Saskatchewan is an issue?
                Because they can.

Comment

At these prices I think getting Kcl from China would work

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                    anyone that filled the bins at 650 should sell it for 1000 + + !

350 a tonne profit and you dont need the Sun or the Rain !

Just kick back with a big Cigar !
                    "And did we tell you the name of the game, boy?
                    We call it riding the gravy train"

Comment

Hamloc freaked me out so I ordered 2/3rds of what we need. Delivery jan or feb which sucks.

If supply is still an issue or prices have skyrocketed in the spring, we have enough to grow a decent crop.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        Hamloc freaked me out so I ordered 2/3rds of what we need. Delivery jan or feb which sucks.

If supply is still an issue or prices have skyrocketed in the spring, we have enough to grow a decent crop.
                        My apologies that wasn’t my intention, Richardson rep freaked me out a couple weeks ago when he told me his price. Was just looking for different opinions.

Comment

Soil test came back 62 lbs N on bean land. Canola land coming back over 100. 70 lbs for 60 bus wht.

Comment

Im wondering if Urea will top out around $1150 over the next month then come crashing down once the fear subsides. I think at these numbers guys in the drought areas who havent booked play the waiting game and see if it rains and take their chances on top dressing.

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
                              Im thinking the fertilizer industry will have to do something to start moving product. Retailers are not filling up because they don’t want to get shafted with overpriced inventory and farmers will not buy at these prices. The dry conditions may kick the fertilizer industry in the ass if we don’t get any significant rain or snow by Christmas. How much fertilizer will you be putting in the ground if its bone dry at seeding.
                              Perhaps we'll all be going organic?

just did post-harvest report for insurance...

sub 6 yellow mustard, 7 cwad, 9 yellow peas on about 5" of in season moisture. Soil moisture reserve next to empty.

Let's say we get "average" in season moisture next year, and it comes at the perfect time, what does one stand to grow? double this year? I'm not going to need much fertilizer to get to 10bu mustard, 15 durum, and 18 peas.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...