• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealer parts prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealer parts prices

Needed wheel bearings for the kelly. 2 bearing sets, and seal from dealer, $580.00. 2 bearing sets and seal from local farm supply, $250.00.WTF!! Shop local let someone else pay for their glass palaces!!

Went into a dealer in November to order a combine part,was quoted $1200.00 . Explained that I didn't need it for 10 months. With some negotiating got it for $700.00.

Comment

Originally posted by V Belt View Post
      Needed wheel bearings for the kelly. 2 bearing sets, and seal from dealer, $580.00. 2 bearing sets and seal from local farm supply, $250.00.WTF!! Shop local let someone else pay for their glass palaces!!
      I have old iron but I rarely bother calling a dealer anymore, changed rotor bearings last year , parts shop had 1 but had to go to dealer for the other and they were 40 dollars more. Also called local RME this fall at 8:03 am and got the after hours answering service. The guy on the phone said “oh the parts guys should get to their phones in about 15 minutes.” What a joke that place is.

Comment

Really a well managed farm would have
        All parts bought 2 years in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
          Got your toilet paper supply yet?

Comment

And even the ones that don't break and are rarely in stock anywhere....just in case.

Basically if you buy something you should buy 2 , so you have everything you need...thats good managing , right?

Full sarcasm.

I think I know where you are going with that comment...lmao.
            Last edited by bucket; Oct 5, 2021, 08:59.

Comment

Originally posted by 6V53 View Post
              Got your toilet paper supply yet?
              Don’t buy any all
              Made in China and what if there
              Are micro chips implanted in them? Ever
              Think about that one? Someone in China
              And the un would know every time I m
              On the can? No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                And even the ones that don't break and are rarely in stock anywhere....just in case.

Basically if you buy something you should buy 2 , so you have everything you need...thats good managing , right?

Full sarcasm.

I think I know where you are going with that comment...lmao.
                Actually…that is common practice around here!

Comment

Maybe I will wait for my free handout from the govt to fix my machines instead…

Comment

I've got an old versatile with 4 Walmart batteries in it. Been starting good for 10 years at least.

Comment

Mommy and daddy just buy me new ones.

Comment

Mommy and daddy just buy me new ones.
                        That sure is nice of them! Did you at least say thank-you?
                        Last edited by flea beetle; Oct 5, 2021, 09:17.

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
                          Maybe I will wait for my free handout from the govt to fix my machines instead…
                          off topic. but irrigators in Saskatchewan at the three major districts Riverhurst , Outlook, and Luck lake get 40 dollars an acre expenses paid for them for 5 years after been given the infrastructure.

Its sort of like being given a farm and then getting dad to pay the expense for a few more years. Thats not directed at you flea beetle but I am sure you have seen it in your neighborhood.

While I try to point out the merits of adding stability to the existing farm sector and yes I think the only way out of it is an adhoc for many.

But it will happen when the Richardsons, Paterson, Parish and Heimbeckers see their input crop bills may be a struggle to have paid off. Even with what little grain there is.

You are the exception to the rule, I can see that. My comments are for the majority and after seeing communities consolidate from the 80s until now, its not a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
                            Actually…that is common practice around here!
                            You buy 2 combines and use one for parts? Thats what i was saying sarcastically.

Funny story ...We had split the canvasses in the macdon and broke a bolt on the splice kit.

I know I have them but they quickly get lost . Went to town only 4 miles away ...they said they had one...A full kit i replied ...nope one bolt ...The parts girl just shook her head. But I was happy I didn't have to go digging.

From most of my land I can see the John Deere sign ...its different for others 30 miles away.

Flea beetle,,,, you and I will get along just fine when we learn each others language. Its a generation gap.

Comment

Figured out , a simple a/c thermostat on the lex had failed , 230$,at dealer in 2 days an hour drive each way . 29$ on Amazon, found one at local truck repair place for 48 in stock..
                              You would think 48 even 80 would be a reasonable dealer markup on what to them would be a 13-15$ cost.
                              So now do you order another one from Amazon , likey, maybe fits other machines too.throw it in the drawer and hope you never need it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...