• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking discs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwab
    This thread goes to prove what a good bunch of people there are on this site.
    You would think after seeing all the slandering rude remarks made by the original poster, people wouldn’t be so willing to help.
    Is that a good thing?
    I’ve done it myself but later felt violated, fool me once….
    Please don’t go there obviously your looking
    And seeing what you want to see shiit goes on
    Here all the time between other posters not going to
    Get into it but calling someone out as apposed
    To someone being an ignorant conceited disrespectful
    Ass? People see what they want to see on this site
    Mostly according to political philosophy they
    Just can’t let go of. I ll call you out, up down and
    Other wise if your an ass whether you are
    Left right or in between. Sorry hope doesn’t
    Spoil the thread but the comment you
    Made was ass like.

Comment

You bring it on yourself, and once again proved what kind of a person you are.
      Lmao. So let’s see you complain about hyjacked threads
      And your addition to an actual ag thread is gee
      All of you nice people replying inspite of one
      Bad terrible person. Like honestly your one
      Of rhe biggest covid issue dinks on here to other
      People. Grow up and move on or fk off.
      Don’t play little mind games.

Comment

Weak are weak and users are users, enough said.
        Got any disc info? There a been a lot of
        Good stuff posted info I didn’t know and
        Would rather hear it from an actual farmer
        Than a salesperson?

Comment

Anyone ever see those disc rollover plows? There were a few in this country. Talk about breaking land. Guys pulled them with a cat and left such a rough job that disking it down was something else.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
            Anyone ever see those disc rollover plows? There were a few in this country. Talk about breaking land. Guys pulled them with a cat and left such a rough job that disking it down was something else.
            Was done here after ww2, intent was homesteads for vets, what happened poor soil plus burying all the trash plus pulling up clay, tool had six foot blades, govt bought out the vets and is now the volin community pasture.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
              Was done here after ww2, intent was homesteads for vets, what happened poor soil plus burying all the trash plus pulling up clay, tool had six foot blades, govt bought out the vets and is now the volin community pasture.
              More land wrecked thinking they could farm like in the east or Europe. You ever run into any of those Dika plows your way? Seen one in my country for whatever reason guy who used to farm around here went to the Peace and brought his plow down here to sell. Any sort of mouldboard plowing wrecked more ground here by mixing that clay in.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                More land wrecked thinking they could farm like in the east or Europe. You ever run into any of those Dika plows your way? Seen one in my country for whatever reason guy who used to farm around here went to the Peace and brought his plow down here to sell. Any sort of mouldboard plowing wrecked more ground here by mixing that clay in.
                Know all about them, Mike dika was my neighbor and once owned a 2x26 copy. Problem mostly homesteaders wanted every root broke not realizing the damage in poor soil they were doing. Uncle had a 1/4 the new and old land was half the crop for 40 years.

Comment

Dad and I used to custom break with that 2x26, never wrecked a square inch of dirt. Plus our own.

Comment

On select ground , like peat moss I intentionally drug up Clay, got to know what you are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                      Dad and I used to custom break with that 2x26, never wrecked a square inch of dirt. Plus our own.
                      Yes here it was guys plowing deeper than topsoil that buggered things. Still have the old single furrow they broke with.

Comment

Had a 2x24 demkiw yakimetz built in vegriville before that, predecessors of eeze-on.

Comment

When the family come here from down east it must’ve been quite a chore to break with horses. Stories of guys hooking a rock on the sulky plow and getting thrown. Think they had 5 on a sulky and 8 on a gang. Wasn’t until they got tractors before they started in much for hills. When they got here there wasn’t a tree but after the war it got bushy and is to this day somewhat. Fire prevention goes a long way. Now rocks we never run out. Think buried ones were always lived with but hard on equipment. Those knolls are rock gardens. Been getting after them lately and sure makes a difference. Either a loader backhoe or cat works.

Comment

Not only are the landlords grumbling about rents they're insistent I disc every foot the drill didn't get this spring. Bahaha

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                              Lots of areas that would never be considered
                              To farm are dry so wondering what are good
                              Sod type discs? See some deep curved blades
                              Not sure if those cut as good as the others?
                              Not sure what you mean by deep curve.
                              Consider angle to travel direction.
                              You want to cut and roll a furrow over at low speed and avoid climbing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                                Have a 30’ Wishek 842 that has been very good, seen a lot of brush and rocks. Wishek’s are a lot heavier than Kello at over 1000lbs/ft. Kelly’s are good though.
                                The 22’ Wishek is the worst size, and is the size Flaman rents, because the wings are too short and so they don’t have the weight on the wings and they ride up and don’t penetrate as deep as the center main frame.
                                Just wondering how much horsepower is needed to pull your 30’ Wishek?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...