• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flax bids

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flax bids

What bids have you seen?, highest I have seen is $32

Originally posted by Dirtfarmer1 View Post
    What bids have you seen?, highest I have seen is $32
    37.50 yestarday

Comment

After the first field I changed my target from 4o to 45 ...just because the flax wasn't there....neighbors said the yields were off as well.

Plus since the authority didn't work it looks like I am cleaning it prior to selling ...another cost I have to recoup.

Comment

Rayglen is paying $40/bu fob.

Comment

Anyone care to share their flax yields? Neighbor grew some, looked terrible.

Comment

I will say this....made more last year on flax with lower prices. Its that bad.

Comment

Sold for $45 yesterday May-July pickup Zeghers in Manitoba. I'm hour east of Regina

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                I will say this....made more last year on flax with lower prices. Its that bad.
                There is no money in flax

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                  There is no money in flax
                  Exactly. Good to see you are catching on. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Maver View Post
                    Anyone care to share their flax yields? Neighbor grew some, looked terrible.
                    Glas for me ran around 15-16. Best looking crop all yr on the farm, very fortunate for what was pulled off for bu. What I see for pricing locally is brokers $38 to $42 fob and line companies $30 to $34. Wish I would have grown more. Was able to keep it fairly clean to boot.

What do you guys think the ceiling may be?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      Exactly. Good to see you are catching on. lol.
                      Flax is a very rewarding crop to grow, my favorite out of them all for some strange reason, think I enjoy the challenge of it

Comment

Originally posted by helmach View Post
                        Flax is a very rewarding crop to grow, my favorite out of them all for some strange reason, think I enjoy the challenge of it
                        How do you handle the straw?

I used to bale some for the beekeepers for windbreak.

Comment

Flax acres went down a lot here when the processors stopped comming for the straw.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                            How do you handle the straw?

I used to bale some for the beekeepers for windbreak.
                            bunch it and burn! Works good as long as you start bunching the straw within a couple days after harvesting, or eles it doesn't bunch near as well and wants to roll out. This yr had a good buddy bale it and take them for their moo moos which made life easier.

Comment

yrs ago when we were flooding out, the rm bought a wack of bales and piled them along the ditches to stop the water from eroding the roads. Worked good in the short term but today we have still the flax bales which act as hotels for the larger rodent population that now stays extra cozy over the winter yrs.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...