• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Deere X9

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Deere X9

Not here to start a colour war.. our farm is green and we can’t help ourselves.

Our JD salesman called today and said they have a lot of nice 780/90s coming in on trade this fall and wanting to know if we are interested in trading up. Seems like a lot of guys are forgetting the S series and going to the X.

Question to the pp that have used the X combines, are they that much better than the S series / worth the extra money.

A lot more capacity and a lot more money

Comment

Pattison sold a real boat load..
      Lots will be full of claas..

Comment

I took a few x 9 s for next year but the header is what I was really impressed in. He combine can eat and not grow over. Uses less fuel and nice machine to drive and work on. One chain on whole machine.

Yea we let the S790s go. Sad I really liked them.

Comment

So they run at 1850 rpm to save fuel?

Anything else run in that range?

Hyway tractors have been running at 1450rpm max torque since they quit making R600 Macks

Never did understand why they run ag equipment at 2100 for so long.
          Not that they didn't charge enough to put a real motor in them.

Comment

They are being sold at far less than advertised retail
            They will be a very good machine. John Deere had no choice .
            Healthy competition will bring down price but it will be and is one on one deals .
            Class won’t turn a blind eye to this and will have to adjust pricing to stay in game now .
            Unfortunately Case on the outside looking in
            New Holland will hold their ground with their proven design
            Fendt will fade away

Comment

Have always stuck to the "never buy the first year" rule. Seriously considering breaking that rule after having an x9 1100 in our irrigated canola a couple weeks ago. I agree with sf3 on the header had a 50 foot hdr (hinge d****r rigid) and it handled that heavy crop effortlessly. 1.4 gallons an acre which was almost the same as our smaller machines , we're thinking almost half the fuel use of two smaller class 7 machines per acre based on the numbers were were seeing side by side approximately 4.00 an acre savings in fuel in the crop we were doing at current fuel prices. Machine had 250 hours in it with no mechanical issues to it,did notice some hoses rubbing up top though think they need some more effort there to protect them. Deere ending their early order program sept 15 before people had even got a chance to see them run may factor into us waiting until 22.
              Last edited by mcfarms; Oct 7, 2021, 06:35.

Comment

That's one very over socially correct spell check on this site looks like we now have to call them curtiner headers not d****rs. Wonder if we now have to refer to g****s as hydrated raisins.
                Last edited by mcfarms; Oct 7, 2021, 06:29.

Comment

The combine we had out has over 200 hrs. This will be second year production since some USA and Canadian farmers had them for this fall. Yorkton will have some used besides a lot of class combines.

Case shit the be but don’t count them out they have a good machine also.

NH isn’t even in the game sorry to offend they are a throw away combine.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
                    Have always stuck to the "never buy the first year" rule. Seriously considering breaking that rule after having an x9 1100 in our irrigated canola a couple weeks ago. I agree with sf3 on the header had a 50 foot hdr (hinge d****r rigid) and it handled that heavy crop effortlessly. 1.4 gallons an acre which was almost the same as our smaller machines , we're thinking almost half the fuel use of two smaller class 7 machines per acre based on the numbers were were seeing side by side approximately 4.00 an acre savings in fuel in the crop we were doing at current fuel prices. Machine had 250 hours in it with no mechanical issues to it,did notice some hoses rubbing up top though think they need some more effort there to protect them. Deere ending their early order program sept 15 before people had even got a chance to see them run may factor into us waiting until 22.
                    I've been running Claas since 2005. It has to be a tough day to burn over 3 Liter/Acre (.67 gal). I wouldn't be very happy at 6.3 L and that is down from your old machines?
                    I had a X9 tour, it is an impressive machine, with some great features. I asked if you can set one machine and have all the machines in the field copy them? He said, just text the settings to the other operator. LOL, sorry JD, but your are a few years behind on that one.

Comment

All I know is there is lots of Class on the lot at Patterson. Lots of guys went back or switched into for some reason.

I ran one Class it used no fuel HAHAHAHA

They all burn fuel but if it's a 5 BPA crop vs 60 or 90 they use more.

Each farm is different some have straw some have very little and it's bone dry.

Comment

Is it just me or do most think the investment in these machines is insane? What will the return have to be to justify the investment.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                          Is it just me or do most think the investment in these machines is insane? What will the return have to be to justify the investment.
                          4 dollar an acre fuel savings! Lol

I don’t get today’s farming mindset. I just don’t get it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                            I agree with you on this agstar. Prices are retarded. I remember saying no to a 15000 trade difference on two years from a JD 9500 to a JD 9510 and that was for a decal change. Guys don't blink for 50 to 75k a year now.

On other posts . I had a neighbour that justified machinery by reduction in fuel costs....He doesn't farm anymore. Just saying.
                            Last edited by bucket; Oct 7, 2021, 07:40.

Comment

Compared to all other equipment they are essential and needed on every farm Dollar per acre they have to harvest and no two farms are the same. Plus Trudeau has in the budget something for taxes?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...