• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the Salford 4100 we got to try from Novlans
    Impressive machine ..

Comment

Small area , excellent heavy black soil reclaimed.
      Had heavy grass along road . Only there cause no culvert in road .
      Hit the heavy grass twice , ready to seed

Comment

Field finish from one pass in the top picture above

Comment

Comment

Corn not overly tall but Cobbed very well considering..

From the first 6 varieties
            Last edited by furrowtickler; Oct 7, 2021, 10:31.

Comment

You guys do way more fall tillage than around here. Other than sloughs, the ground hasnt been opened up here in 20 yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                You guys do way more fall tillage than around here. Other than sloughs, the ground hasnt been opened up here in 20 yrs.
                That’s the only thing anyone is touching here
                The odd guy heavy harrowed a few fields
                Most is just low area clean up
                Way to dry for anything else and virtually no stubble to be concerned with .
                We left 98% and just did fall weed control .
                Just have to go spray kochia areas now with authority once it cools off next week .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  That’s the only thing anyone is touching here
                  The odd guy heavy harrowed a few fields
                  Most is just low area clean up
                  Way to dry for anything else and virtually no stubble to be concerned with .
                  We left 98% and just did fall weed control .
                  Just have to go spray kochia areas now with authority once it cools off next week .
                  If you have no rain coming don't bother with Authority. That's good advice.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                    If you have no rain coming don't bother with Authority. That's good advice.
                    Ok thanks for heads up
                    We know guys that just spray it on just before freeze up and say it give very decent control the following spring
                    Lost use Fierce , but it is sold out everywhere
                    Sorry , Valterra, not authority
                    Last edited by furrowtickler; Oct 7, 2021, 11:01.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      Our last piece of the puzzle here for us
                      No corn silage this year so we are swathing it down and a friend of ours is going to bale it up
                      Plots were very interesting this year. Significant differences between varieties.
                      Should make excellent bales and feed ....

I’m curious how well did the cobs stay on with the swathing? Corn knocked the socks off barley around here for tonnage by probably 3 to 1 ratio. Very impressed with its water use efficiency.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                        I’m curious how well did the cobs stay on with the swathing? Corn knocked the socks off barley around here for tonnage by probably 3 to 1 ratio. Very impressed with its water use efficiency.
                        Just seen a few on the ground at the start
                        Will know when baler goes through in a few days

Comment

So dry I am not doing any field work other than getting low spots into shape. The combine chopped and spread the straw very even so I don’t see the point of pulling harrows over it. All fields are sprayed so now back cleaning up new land. I look at the picture of the rock picker and feel a bit envious.

Comment

Last quarter of oats and we’re heading home harvest 2021 is done.

Every one is done.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                              So dry I am not doing any field work other than getting low spots into shape. The combine chopped and spread the straw very even so I don’t see the point of pulling harrows over it. All fields are sprayed so now back cleaning up new land. I look at the picture of the rock picker and feel a bit envious.
                              I didn’t know you had rocks in that beautiful country!

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                                Hey……..
                                We got the exact same picker here. A bottle of rum is required after a day of “operating” the picker. 😎

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...