• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another busy week here………..

Our rye is coming up nicely. This rented field has never been broke. Just cleared way back and some grass seed scratched in and long overdue for a renovation. Should make some prime early spring grazing for the moo moos.

Still chewing away on some surprisingly nice canola here. It’s dry and #1 which hasn’t happened for quite a while. Yielding way better than our barley which is a pleasant surprise. Should finish the nice stuff tonight or tomorrow and then a couple quarters of nasty late green stuff to go sometime.

Playing cowboy regularly herding the cows around doing a final pass on all the fields. So thankful for the September rains that gained us over 6 unexpected weeks of grazing. Froze pretty hard this morning so maybe it’ll cook the alfalfa so we can graze the regrowth on a couple hay quarters. Looks to be freezing every night going forward so I guess we better get on with some field work soon. Off tomorrow to bring home some pairs from a community pasture. First year doing it and haven’t seen the critters since early June so it’ll be interesting to see how they made out.

Hopefully the weather holds for a while since there’s plenty of moo poo to spread, calves to vaccinate, bales to pick, and landscaping to be done yet. Probably two months of work left before freeze up and I know our remaining time is measured in days………….🍀

Congrats SF👍

Most are done around here. A few of us stragglers bringing up the rear. I hear there’s a prize for first done but what about last…………😉

Comment

Sun setting on 2021 crop year for many

Let’s all hope that 2022 is so much better in so many ways and the divisiveness starts to go away

Comment

Just waiting on a field of flax that decided to grow again after the rains.

Comment

So many blooming canola fields.
          Not sure why guys didn't spray them.
          Great yr to land scape...

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
            So many blooming canola fields.
            Not sure why guys didn't spray them.
            Great yr to land scape...
            I ran out on a strip on last field ...

Was a great fall to spray
            Hopefully saved a ton of nutrients and a bit of moisture for next year

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              I ran out on a strip on last field ...

Was a great fall to spray
              Hopefully saved a ton of nutrients and a bit of moisture for next year
              Horrible fall to spray, 60k plus winds blowing in a shower every 2, 3 days. Mind you first time fall sprayed in years thanks to global warming letting me combine.

Comment

Burnt up next year’s glyphosate on this year’s canola, we finished spraying the canola on September 20 than moved on to spray another 1000 acres of wheat harvested in August that was sprayed preharvest, looking forward to a good killing frost and hopefully a hot holiday somewhere sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                  Burnt up next year’s glyphosate on this year’s canola, we finished spraying the canola on September 20 than moved on to spray another 1000 acres of wheat harvested in August that was sprayed preharvest, looking forward to a good killing frost and hopefully a hot holiday somewhere sometime.
                  CC and I are going diving in Honduras

Comment

Anyone have enough moisture to put down fall anhydrous? The price is pretty attractive compared to 46-00 being quoted at $900+/mt

Comment

nh3 happening here.

Comment

Originally posted by jdg364 View Post
                        Anyone have enough moisture to put down fall anhydrous? The price is pretty attractive compared to 46-00 being quoted at $900+/mt
                        46 1080 here.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                          So am I out to lunch by thinking, how do you save nutrients by killing a plant that will die and go back into the earth? I can see saving a bit of moisture though.
                          I tend to agree. if not removed it's still there. Maybe more, remember the whole green manure concept?

Comment

It takes nutrients to grow a plant

Comment

Originally posted by jdg364 View Post
                              Ur 3 days behind, its $1100 now….

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                                46 1080 here.
                                Yes very similar to what I was quoted today. $1070 for 46.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...