• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Comparison

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Comparison

Natural gas prices in Europe certainly have spiked this winter. Putin appears to have cooled them a bit yesterday with a promise of more exports to Europe.

To figure out a price comparison between the U.K. and North America I looked at the futures market. In U.K. the price is in pence per therm. A therm is 100000 BTU’s. The price today is 250 pence per therm or $3.27 USD. The Henry hub price is $5.52 per million btu’s. So you have to times the U.K. price by 10, so $32.70 in the U.K!!! Roughly 6 times what it is in North America. I thought according to Chuck2 the U.K. was producing all this renewable wind and solar energy? Europe is in the same situation with energy costs through the roof! Asian countries outbidding Europe for LNG. Not much LNG exports from Canada, government incompetence in getting projects approved. Environmentalists standing in the way.

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
    Natural gas prices in Europe certainly have spiked this winter. Putin appears to have cooled them a bit yesterday with a promise of more exports to Europe.

To figure out a price comparison between the U.K. and North America I looked at the futures market. In U.K. the price is in pence per therm. A therm is 100000 BTU’s. The price today is 250 pence per therm or $3.27 USD. The Henry hub price is $5.52 per million btu’s. So you have to times the U.K. price by 10, so $32.70 in the U.K!!! Roughly 6 times what it is in North America. I thought according to Chuck2 the U.K. was producing all this renewable wind and solar energy? Europe is in the same situation with energy costs through the roof! Asian countries outbidding Europe for LNG. Not much LNG exports from Canada, government incompetence in getting projects approved. Environmentalists standing in the way.
    The environmentalists sold them a bill of goods on wind and solar by blaming oil and gas for the problem..

Guess what , if they have to , the coal power plants will be running again so people dont freeze.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post

Sounds like Build Back Better is succeeding.

Comment

Build BACK? Like back to what year/time? STONEAGE?.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          Sounds like Build Back Better is succeeding.
          Yes if your a proponent of creating energy poverty for those at the low end of the income scale.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
            Build BACK? Like back to what year/time? STONEAGE?.
            That’s what many environmentalists want…… of course they are the exceptions and Climate Barbie, Gore, Suzuki and friends will stick with private jets though. Check out McKennas farewell tour jet setting across Canada on the public purse.

Comment

A good article on this topic in the National Post today: Jesse Kline:The perfect storm threatens an energy crisis, and Canada isn’t positioned to take advantage of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                What in the f u c k goes through some of these climatards heads when they watch this video ????????????
                can it not be fathomed ????????

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...