• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back to work !

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to work !

Daughter out east said lots of new faces at work these days ????? Cerb checks ending last month for most and the party is over. Maybe this will spread to the rest of the country and things will start rolling a bit better .

I hope so but the NDP wants the party to continue.

We need people back at work enough is enough.

Comment

Comment

Look closer at the recent job stats cowzilla, mostly govt jobs being created.

From what I can tell, the labour shortages will only be getting worse. A lot of people are in the process of early retirement, changing careers, some women deciding to stay out of the workforce etc.

A casual drive around Regina last night showed just what the vaxx pass is doing to restaurant and other business.

Comment

The unjabbed banned from travel and restaurants are being fired this month. How selfish of them, choosing medical freedom over tyranny. You think things are going to start rolling along? Wow!
          Last edited by biglentil; Oct 12, 2021, 08:38.

Comment

Daughter go's back to old job she lost when covid shut things down. Boss begged her, more perks plus pay raise . Maybe just a eastern thing for the moment.

Comment

I asked the neighbours 21 yr old son what are you going to do for the winter, his responce was i am going to farm .What he really meant was drink beer, play hockey and video games.We have many like him in our area, they make a way more farming a section with daddies equipment than most workers make in a year. When i started farming all us had winter jobs to supplement our farming career.Case dealer told me they cant find anyone to work in their shop for the winter.Thank God we have the new people to our province who are willing to work or half of our businesses would have to shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by fcr View Post
                I asked the neighbours 21 yr old son what are you going to do for the winter, his responce was i am going to farm .What he really meant was drink beer, play hockey and video games.We have many like him in our area, they make a way more farming a section with daddies equipment than most workers make in a year. When i started farming all us had winter jobs to supplement our farming career.Case dealer told me they cant find anyone to work in their shop for the winter.Thank God we have the new people to our province who are willing to work or half of our businesses would have to shut down.
                Never mind part time jobs, many of us had full time jobs in order help support the need to expand the farm, as mixed farming was only maintaining the status quo.

I'm so thankful that my children kept working the entire time and in fact were able to get better jobs in the past 18 months.

Let's not forget there are many ambitious young people in the workforce that never received any CREB, and also some who rightfully needed for a short period.

And yes immigrants are very important to the Canadian economy.

Comment

This doesnt sound like people chomping at the bit to get back to work.

Inflation raging, vaxx mandates, restrictions and covid fearful starting to seep into the economy permanently.

Many are holding out hoping for UBI and loan forgiveness and the rent suspension being extended.

----

A record 4.3 million workers quit their jobs in August, led by food and retail industries

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/12/a-record-4point3-million-workers-quit-their-jobs-in-august-led-by-food-and-retail-industries.html

Comment

I asked the neighbours 21 yr old son what are you going to do for the winter, his response was i am going to farm .What he really meant was drink beer, play hockey and video games.We have many like him in our area, they make a way more farming a section with daddies equipment than most workers make in a year. When i started farming all us had winter jobs to supplement our farming career.Case dealer told me they cant find anyone to work in their shop for the winter.Thank God we have the new people to our province who are willing to work or half of our businesses would have to shut down.
                    Think about what that 21 year old is/isn't learning. What is the future of that farm? That kid will be the last generation. It has to get in the blood by bleeding. Only then is it more than just a job.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                      Never mind part time jobs, many of us had full time jobs in order help support the need to expand the farm, as mixed farming was only maintaining the status quo.

I'm so thankful that my children kept working the entire time and in fact were able to get better jobs in the past 18 months.

Let's not forget there are many ambitious young people in the workforce that never received any CREB, and also some who rightfully needed for a short period.

And yes immigrants are very important to the Canadian economy.
                      Same thing here , all the kids worked the entire time , never ever was a lack of work for those with ambition. All three did much better than even a year ago , zero CERB in any if our family .
                      I have worked two jobs for over 30 years . Off farm income is critical if you want a future for your family , this year is yet just another reason why .

Comment

When i started farming all us had winter jobs to supplement our farming career.
                        I had a fulltime job 7 hours away from my farm to get it off the ground. I sometimes had to stop the combine and do telephone meetings with work. Blackberry was always on, did emails at night before bed after getting out of the field.

Used weekends and all my holidays to seed and harvest. Did that for 10 yrs. No active farming relative in the family.

Now my off farm job is the stock market.

Comment

Those young people will have zero clue when SHTF as they get older .
                          Very few like that here , the big issue is that age group in town , it’s far far worse .
                          May daughter ran her paint business again this year , did very well but had to go through several 17-20 year olds that were far too lazy to actually work day in and day out . A lot of little privileged lazy kids that would rather sit at home collecting Trudeau bucks than actually work for themselves. It’s a reflection on the parents IMO and will be very detrimental to their kids future . It’s been proven to be a train wreck , we see it all around us here . Crime , drugs and gangs , it all starts at home .

Comment

This new generation solves problems with a call for someone to come and fix it.We run used equipment and the dealer is the last resort for problems. I have taught my boys how to diagnosis and fix, be it a mechanical or production issue.The new equipment does look intimidiating however with all the electronics .

Comment

I started farming 10 years ago and I still have a full time job to support my family, plus we run 250 pair cattle. The farm makes enough to grow a little each year and pay my bills. I dont know where you guys farm but around here all of us up and comers work year round to support our farm addiction.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...