• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steel Buildings

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SDG, was good on out of your price range in comparison to integrity? Just wondering as you had good luck with goodon and are switching.

Comment

Have one of each Goodon and Integrity Post buildings on the farm. Buy Integrity. Far better building.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
        Have one of each Goodon and Integrity Post buildings on the farm. Buy Integrity. Far better building.
        For what reasons?

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
          For what reasons?
          42x66x18.5 walls. 20x16 in the end wall and 16x16 in the sidewall.

Goodon used green lumber. Extra strapping twisted like a corkscrew in about 30 days. The building was tinned and insulated by the crew. When the sub contractor came to blow in the ceiling insulation he comes down and says one of your rafters is broken. Not a word about it from the crew. Had to sandwich the break with lumber on two sides. Glued and screwed it myself. Mentioned it and a few other deficiencies like backfilling with loose clay around the posts. No response from salesman, who now owns the company.

The building is just over twenty years old and I don’t expect it to last another 10. It creaks in a 20km wind. Really rocks in an 80. Called about it before the warranty was up but not a great response.

Quite a disappointment.

Edit. Maybe things have changed in 20 years, but not my taste in my mouth.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...