• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks SF for carrying this along all season. Enjoy the sun and palm trees🍀

Finished playing politics and got all the BS spread here. At least it’ll do some good next year unlike the BS from Ottawa.

Still playing in the dirt touching up and improving the hills. Forecast looks like another week is still a possibility to keep going. Lots left to do yet. Actually out seeding some pasture………. Getting ahead of next spring 👍

The calves are looking better than ever. Vaccinated everyone last week but pneumonia is still an issue in one herd. Lost a few and treating some everyday. Kinda messed up the plans of putting them in the corn as there’s no way to find or treat them in it.

This year there’s more interest in hunting than ever and we pretty much let everyone have at it. Starting to put a dent in the elk and deer herds which is great. Most guys bring sausage and beer but to be honest I should almost be doing that for them😉 If I’m feeding the queen’s critters I should be able to hand out tags……..

The sun has been beautiful morning and night just like the weather. Hopefully it continues………..

Life is good😎

Comment

I too have been pleasantly surprised at how many hunters have contacted me this year and of course I allow everyone to try to get the varmints under control .
      At one time I was worried that the upcoming generation would not be interested in hunting and we would have no control over the rapidly expanding populations. Glad to be wrong on this one.

Comment

Thats a fine looking pair there Woodland!
        Nice right sized cow with a great big calf.
        Sometimes the money is not great in livestock but they can't take the pride away that you get raising cattle like that.

Good looking operation all around!

Comment

woodland , did you have any refused to be vaccinated ?

Comment

A

Thats the ones that jump the fence in the sorting alley?🤣

Always a few troublemakers.
            Last edited by shtferbrains; Nov 5, 2021, 13:18.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
              Thats the ones that jump the fence in the sorting alley?🤣

Always a few troublemakers.
              They must be branded with Q ranch brand.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                woodland , did you have any refused to be vaccinated ?
                Sneaky, sneaky………….😉 caseih
                There’s alway a few stubborn ones but some “persuasion” and they cooperate. Probably been that way since man tried domesticating them. The cows that require too much persuasion usually get a bus ticket to Brooks sooner than later…………

They’ll run through the alley again to get a booster shortly and see if that helps. Talked with our drug supplier today and they recommended the cheaper option which is a pleasant surprise. Nice to know they’re thinking of my wallet especially with the current prices. 🍀

Comment

Gezus maybe we can move woodland over to the Site C dam and get that wrapped up this year.

Comment

Your brand is a Q?

Not one I'd pick.

Too hot in the centre might get a lot of scorching?

Comment

If you read this thread backwards, starting at thread 40 it is very confusing.
                      But I can prove that this is all a big conspiracy.

In Alberta you can't use the letter q in your brand.
                      Now obviously, the only reason for that would be to make sure that no cows have any excuse not to get their vaccine.
                      In fact, I'll bet this regulation was only created after woodland made his post.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...