• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FPT Ag Minister meeting

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I consider myself to be an average farmer. I am happy with the acres , not looking for more, have some cows,.and hay land. And some pasture. Didn't or haven't inherited any of my mom and dad's land and he has been dead for some 11 years.

Every day I sit and think there really no one representing my family farm. I pay checkoffs , taxes go to help fund other so called farm groups. But really no one represents the average farmer.

I don't subscribe to the " go big or go home " battle cry.

I don't want employees that don't give a shit or know more than me yet are not writing the cheques. I tolerate my son but he is a pretty good apprentice. I am trying very hard to teach him to work smart, but I find it very interesting to watch him work hard.

Bottom line....no one represents my son either....and that is the future. He is busy building something. When he hits a wreck, my bitching will still mean nothing. And the voices that should have said something as either an elected politician or farm rep will still be silent.

Comment

Bucket, what do you suggest? Its easy for all of us on Agriville to sit on the sidelines and bitch, but what is the solution? Whats the plan of action to go from current state to something different/better for the average producer?

Comment

Originally posted by NoBS View Post
        Bucket, what do you suggest? Its easy for all of us on Agriville to sit on the sidelines and bitch, but what is the solution? Whats the plan of action to go from current state to something different/better for the average producer?
        Well let's see. When the pandemic hit , phucktards in Ottawa found half a trillion to support the average Canadian.

$500,000,000,000.00

Air canada , the company that has an english speaking CEO , oh my god. is all ready in recovery mode received 9 billion.

They want to shut down beef farming to save the environment but flying all over the world is a growth industry.

Surely western Canadian ag is worth as much as Air Canada until farming and ranching also recovers.

1988 is a reference point as to what to do.

Has anyone asked Grant Devine what to do?

It sure as phuck makes no sense to ask Brad Wall or Gerry Ritz.
        Last edited by bucket; Nov 9, 2021, 20:06.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          I don't think anything will happen until it becomes painfully obvious that P&H, Richardson and Nutrien are not going to be paid for the 2021 input lines.

Then the real lobbying aka phone calls will start.
          i thought everyone had to use farm credit for inputs?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...