• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doug Ford says: your choice will be electric or electric!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALBERTAFARMER4 View Post
    Drive an electric vehicle and it will all make sense.
    Why would that make it any clearer where the electricity is going to come from to power this fantasy?

Gormley has it only half right, power gen and transmission needs to triple.

Dont see any new mines or nukes or transmission projects on the books.

So it will be natural gas with hydrogen I guess.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lorry.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	772032
    Last edited by jazz; Nov 11, 2021, 08:51.

Comment

Drive an electric vehicle and it will all make sense.
      I think the vehicles themselves are not the issue .
      How reliable are your EV’s in 30-40 below ?
      As an EV owner , what’s you thoughts on the power grid capabilities in the near future ? There needs to be major grid upgrades to sustain an all EV wonderland, if they push for the end of fossil fuels as fast as they claim , there is now way any major upgrades will be done on time . Would that not put very high strain on the entire electrical grid in mid summer and most of the winter ?
      Are you concerned about the cost of electricity in the near future once the EV’s flood the market ? Some European countries have crazy high electricity costs and hydrogen fuel cell cars make more sense ?

I think as far as ride and performance, EV’s have proven themselves, but the rest seems like Disneyland dreaming at this point to go all electric and zero fossil fuel in the very short time frame they are dreaming about

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        And biofuels are not a political decision? LOL Where did the biofuel mandates come from?

I have never seen so many posters so concerned about the negative impact of mining and resource development!

When did you guys start caring so much about the environmental impact of mining?

Oil and gas can do no wrong, but a mine that provides resources to build an electric car and suddenly you are all concerned about the environmental impact? How convenient!
        How convenient you forget about the environment

Comment

And biofuels are not a political decision? LOL Where did the biofuel mandates come from?

I have never seen so many posters so concerned about the negative impact of mining and resource development!

When did you guys start caring so much about the environmental impact of mining?

Oil and gas can do no wrong, but a mine that provides resources to build an electric car and suddenly you are all concerned about the environmental impact? How convenient!
          While biofuel mandates are political, so are subsidies to the oil and gas sector and there is no doubt that the subsidization of renewables will eclipse them both. The difference for me is that biofuel mandates benefit farmers.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            As an EV owner , what’s you thoughts on the power grid capabilities in the near future ? There needs to be major grid upgrades to sustain an all EV wonderland, if they push for the end of fossil fuels as fast as they claim , there is now way any major upgrades will be done on time . Would that not put very high strain on the entire electrical grid in mid summer and most of the winter ?
            Are you concerned about the cost of electricity in the near future once the EV’s flood the market ? Some European countries have crazy high electricity costs and hydrogen fuel cell cars make more sense ?

I think as far as ride and performance, EV’s have proven themselves, but the rest seems like Disneyland dreaming at this point to go all electric and zero fossil fuel in the very short time frame they are dreaming about
            The new 'Green Economy' is a blistering abuse of the earth and natural ecological design and process.

'Spending' $150-250 Trillion... while dumping all the existing perfectly functioning hardware powered by fossil Carbon fuels... is suicidal, delusional, and foolish.

Some people with a few ounces of common sense need to think this Climate Change Global Warming... save the earth fear mongering... with a reality check, pause, and a real "Reset" of this crazy future they dream of. In the end, the Sun determines the temperature of the closed loop environment on earth. The energy radiance from the sun... has the fastest, most important overriding environmental impact.

C02 levels in the atmosphere/environment is the absolute least risk of our problems [catastrophic issue] as humanity; and the scientists should all know this if they actually thought this planets ecosystems through... and the design specifications of the engineer who created us!!!

If you need to fix something as complex as the Earth, consulting the instruction manual provided by the engineer whom designed this planet... would be wise!

Cheers

Comment

-40 is fine, get in and pin it. You won't be setting any records for range or efficiency in these conditions, but there is no fear as to whether it will start or not. Coldest I have been in is -39. Cabin heats up fast, if you start the preheat on your phone you will get a notification that tells you when the desired inside temperature is reached. You can preheat it in your garage with the door closed which would be nice for people that don't have heated garages or don't keep their garages very warm.

As far as the grid I think it can grow at a rate to match EV usage requirements. More and more people will be installing solar and battery in their homes in the coming years. If you charge your EV at home with your own solar or battery power it has zero effect on the grid. Also regarding energy prices, the more energy increases the more attractive solar/battery systems become.

Hydrogen fuel cell cars will use 3x the electricity as a Battery EV. So it will be 3x more expensive to use hydrogen. I don't want to figure out how to make hydrogen in my house either. Fossil fuels are here to stay for a long time, but not forever.

Comment

RE: The new 'Green Economy' is a blistering abuse of the earth and natural ecological design and process.

'Spending' $150-250 Trillion... while dumping all the existing perfectly functioning hardware powered by fossil Carbon fuels... is suicidal, delusional, and foolish.

C02 levels in the atmosphere/environment is the absolute least risk of our problems [catastrophic issue] as humanity; and the scientists should all know this if they actually thought this planets ecosystems through... and the design specifications of the engineer who created us!!!

If you need to fix something as complex as the Earth, consulting the instruction manual provided by the engineer whom designed this planet... would be wise!

Cheers[/QUOTE]

St John: 1:1
                The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

King Jesus Is the Engeneer of the Planet Earth... just in case you missed that!

Comment

-40 is fine, get in and pin it. You won't be setting any records for range or efficiency in these conditions, but there is no fear as to whether it will start or not. Coldest I have been in is -39. Cabin heats up fast, if you start the preheat on your phone you will get a notification that tells you when the desired inside temperature is reached. You can preheat it in your garage with the door closed which would be nice for people that don't have heated garages or don't keep their garages very warm.

As far as the grid I think it can grow at a rate to match EV usage requirements. More and more people will be installing solar and battery in their homes in the coming years. If you charge your EV at home with your own solar or battery power it has zero effect on the grid. Also regarding energy prices, the more energy increases the more attractive solar/battery systems become.

Hydrogen fuel cell cars will use 3x the electricity as a Battery EV. So it will be 3x more expensive to use hydrogen. I don't want to figure out how to make hydrogen in my house either. Fossil fuels are here to stay for a long time, but not forever.
                  Homes?
                  Don't the largest part of the people demanding this reset live in appartments or condos.
                  Rooftop solar in this climate is a pipe dream.
                  Nobody is going to climb around on the roof after ever little storm like we just experienced and if you do you have to shovel the roof off too as it soon builds up near the panels. Easy to see that from locals experience.
                  No problem building nee transmision lines?
                  Right! In today's progressive NIMBY society?

Comment

Big mining proposals in the works in the ring of fire north of Sudbury to supply the demand for components of batterys.

Lithium can be extracted from brine waters in Saskatchewan's oil fields. Testing has already started.

Good opportunities for processing ag products in western Canada.

Change is hard for some people. And instead of looking forward with new ideas and innovations some want to go backwards.

Bronwyn Eyre from the Sask party checking out a lithium extraction plant ...

Change is good , as long as it is reasonable and not pushed to far to fast. Keep the oil pumping and let’s not kill oil , or you will kill the vast majority of ag in that quest and thousands of family farms .
                    Still no answer on what will replace modern diesel machinery we all depend on in a no fossil fuel future. That’s a major problem not being addressed
                    EV’s are one thing , running our farms with a Tesla is impossible

Comment

Bronwyn Eyre from the Sask party checking out a lithium extraction plant ...

Change is good , as long as it is reasonable and not pushed to far to fast. Keep the oil pumping and let’s not kill oil , or you will kill the vast majority of ag in that quest and thousands of family farms .
                      Still no answer on what will replace modern diesel machinery we all depend on in a no fossil fuel future. That’s a major problem not being addressed
                      EV’s are one thing , running our farms with a Tesla is impossible
                      NH3 is the most dense BTU H source fuel source... NH3 fuel tanks are low pressure and much more efficient than H2 fuel storage.

Or,

Make biofuels net zero C fuel sources; Syngas based wood fuels; if one must be a 'purist'!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...