• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Equipment Repairs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equipment Repairs

Local dealer trying to cut costs. Closing a store and asking mechanics to supply service truck to do field repairs. Things must be getting tight. Some mechanics have quit.

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
    Local dealer trying to cut costs. Closing a store and asking mechanics to supply service truck to do field repairs. Things must be getting tight. Some mechanics have quit.
    I see Cervus now owned by Brandt is doing the opposite, hiring staff and building services

Cheers

Comment

If mechanics have to supply service truck too they will likely quit and work on there own. Lots of farms have nice all season shops now so just open door and drive in and get to work.

Comment

Little off topic, don’t see a lot of semis on the roads hauling grain. See some cattle liners.
        Money is tight, and will get tighter. NH is trying to get creative on offering no pay or interest for 6 months, least that’s what I heard. Asking guys to use their own trucks as service vehicles takes guts.

Comment

What’s the brand or color agstar? I don’t see too many dealers having trouble in the paper I look at. Seems like lots of stuff moving at high prices.

Comment

Worst crop we've seen around here since '02 and possibly the late 80's. RME garage is booked to the nuts with combine inspections. They're pulling mechanics out of other dealerships and bringing them out to the middle of nowhere...

Personally I'm unsure where the money comes from to pay for the work, but regardless, it was a ROUGH year on combines around here. RME brought out a brand new class 8 to demo this fall... Pretty sure you could have raked everything into one or two rows on a 1/4 section field and it still would have struggled to stay loaded. I think it got somewhere around 4 or 5 hours put on it before it spent the remainder of harvest in the garage after the first customer to demo it gutted it with a stone from front to back!

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
              I see Cervus now owned by Brandt is doing the opposite, hiring staff and building services

Cheers
              Not here, closing Olds dealership so everybody can drive to new one at Penhold.

Comment

That's the main problem around here doe's not matter if you got good crop or poor crop still breaking stuff or wearing it out. My back can't handle the bigger jobs anymore and don't get me started on this computer crap on the newer stuff. Just happy that I kept it all running to get every thing done before snow came. Oh ya 1 year old rad is leaking in magnum this week.......winning !

Comment

It’s got to the point where we can afford to buy the new stuff, and the old is getting unaffordable to fix.
                  The squeeze is on.

Comment

Toromont Portage closing.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                      Toromont Portage closing.
                      Wonder if Neepawa is next.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...