• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain Companies Delay Delivery up to three months further out can I send a bill.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stormin View Post
    Yeah, I haven’t been in the grain business that long but it immediately surprised me when our customers were making the contract forms. To me it should be the seller who supplies the contract and I have also been annoyed that the commissions aren’t involved…one of the reasons I find them useless and don’t support them.
    Get on Social media and start asking those questions of the commissions . It will either go silent or the cheerleaders will be out in force.

New guys getting on boards, openly welcome cheerleading endorsements but question them and see where it goes.

There are guys that don't have a phucking clue on boards. I won't name them because that isn't fair. But when explaining the purpose of export sales reporting , he wasn't aware that the US has had it for 50 years.

Proper contracts have had 10 years to put a proper one in place that is fair for both the farmer and graincos.

No one thought about it. Gerry and his minions certainly didn't.
    Last edited by bucket; Dec 6, 2021, 11:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
      I would think they could give you an advance on the value of grain you are to deliver. After all they trusted you would honor the contract ( YOU SIGNED)to deliver in a timely matter. But wait ! didn't somebody break there cheque writing machine so you were not going to be paid anyway.
      Yes that’s a good question to ask oneself, why shouldn’t producers receive a deposit for grains contracted. I always ask for a deposit from customers prior to delivery when I sell a load of hay and it seals the deal. I suppose it could be grade issues that is likely BS anyway.

Comment

Many grain contracts are governed by NGFA trade rules. Once either party, not just the buyer, is out of the contract delivery terms, the other party can put them on written notice to force them to take delivery within a "reasonable time frame", usually a couple of weeks, not months. If they fail to take, then you have the right to cancel the contract and they would have to take it to arbitration with NGFA, which they would lose. You will need to prove also that you had been communicating with them regarding your delivery, and not ignoring or hiding from them trying to wait out your delivery period.
        I realize everyone thinks the grain company contracts are 100% one sided in their favor, but that is not the case. Understanding the trade rules is very important...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...