• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    Surprise so many people still swathing. Hard to imagine laying canola down anymore.
    I find hard to watch standing canola weeks after we harvest...

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      Surprise so many people still swathing. Hard to imagine laying canola down anymore.
      Different worlds , leaving er stand has its risks
      Early snow , waiting forever for low spots , uneven moisture is dynamite in bins .
      We swath some straight cut some
      No one shoe fits all here

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
        I find hard to watch standing canola weeks after we harvest...
        FJ, some do not know what its like in the swamp, never had to push a header through mud or "cut above the water"
        lots here lost 100% on straight cut canola after a very minor hail storm last fall, swathed was either long combined or recieved about 20% damage on top of swath.
        another guy here said "anyone over 40 should not straight cut canola"

Comment

Guy who won smartest radio listener today was a fuel truck driver from battleford. Said harvest was in full swing. Here it is 18 and foggy. Nothing is remotely close to harvest. Well, that one field of barley maybe.

Hard to fathom. Still working on first cut hay. About a quarter done. But it’s impossible. Dry is nice.

Two rains now that we’re not forecasted. Now I see 40% and 60 % chance of showers and shudder. Haying in September, the wettest month of the years should be fun.

A bit jaded.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...