• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaneG View Post
    How much more nitrogen gets gobbled up in the form of DEF since 2006?
    Great question

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      larry, do you have a stocks to use to carry out ratio for the past 5 yrs including the current yr projections.

Have to surmise the opp cost to store this until spring.

Thx
      your mailbox is full

Comment

Peas are doing great and Lentils are not so great.

I talked to a friend on the West side it's year three of drought and nothing above 9 BPA remember guys some people didn't get a crop for a long long time.

But he also is like me, why are guys still paying 130 an acre and cant even grow a crop? Why is the land in that area some of the highest in the province?

I also ask Why is the land in an almost sure crop area still some of the lowest around? Zero sellers?

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

I talked to a friend on the West side it's year three of drought and nothing above 9 BPA remember guys some people didn't get a crop for a long long time.

But he also is like me, why are guys still paying 130 an acre and cant even grow a crop? Why is the land in that area some of the highest in the province?

I also ask Why is the land in an almost sure crop area still some of the lowest around? Zero sellers?
          To put it bluntly
          It’s the old “my “cock” is bigger than your cock” mentality
          It works till it doesn’t

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

Saskfarmer my peas got hailed in June. They tried to come back but wild oats got ahead of them. Peas ended up yielding 27 bpa. Last year they yielded just over 70. I read lots of articles talking about how farmers can reduce N02 emissions by increasing pulse acres. I won’t be listening, very seriously considering not growing peas again. To hard on the combine, just not worth the grief.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...