• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat vs. Coal

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rod Flaman worked toward the end of the CWB before he ran for election for the CWB. When he ran for election for the CWB he made a committment to make the CWB better. I doubt that he could have done otherwise with a clear concience.

Comment

excerpt from Peter Warren's website:
      http://www.peterwarren.ca/ARCHIVES/GUESTBOOK/GuestBookArchivesNov2002.htm

Saturday, November 2 at 12:23 PM:
      Carol Husband from Saskatchewan wrote:
      " Rod Flaman understands that the Board of Directors could pass a motion today, instructing the Licensing Department in the CWB to issue export/interprovincial licenses to all Western farmers. The CWB issues licenses all the time for All the other provinces. Immediately, Western farmers applying for and being granted licenses, would have dual marketing! Rod Flaman campaigned on the promise he would make this Board motion. He has not done so. The question all Western farmers must ask is upon what legal basis is the CWB denying licenses to farmers? They deny because of location but the CWB Act does not allow licensing discrimation, because the licensing part of the Act applies equally to all Canadians. In other words, CWB internal policy has become the reason for denying licenses, instead of the CWB Act itself. Flaman even alerted some of his supporters to this when he was first elected as a Director. Here's part of what Flaman wrote to them: QUOTE "So has the Governor in Council Made allowances for the granting of licenses? You bet he has. And these requirements do not apply just to the designated area or just to commercial wheat. It applies to all Canadians wherever they live and whatever type of wheat they grow, be it certified seed, anciant organic varieties or feed. What do you have to do to get a license to export your grain. Simple. You pay a license fee. You don't have to sell your grain to the board and buy it back. They simply calculate a fee. You send them a check and away you go." "Does it actually work like that? ..........NO!!! The wheat board says that they have a Monopoly and you are forced to sell your grain to them because they say you can not have other options. You are told that you cannot buy a license for any sum of money. In fact they say that all across Canada licenses are free. But......and this is a big one! Inside the designated area you have to buy your grain from the Wheat Board to get your "free" license. Outside the designated area you don't. Where does the law say that ???? It doesn't. This is a Hoax. And it is probably criminal. How long will Western Farmers be discriminated against as second class citizens?" UNQUOTE "

Comment

Vader (and Parsley)

Vader, you say that Rod Flaman worked for the end of the CWB before he ran for election, and then ran on a platform of making the CWB better. If I remember correctly, he was saying making the CWB voluntary would make it better, both before and during the election. I wonder why he changed his mind?

Comment

Good memory, Everest. And you do have a bit of Easter wit, too.

Here are some exerpts from Rod Flaman’s actual Policy Statement when he first ran as a CWB Director.The emboldened letters is how he presented it.

QUOTE:
          I believe in a VOLUNTARY Canadian Wheat Board.

I believe the principles of CHOICE AND ACCOUNTABILITY.

Choice means their must be competition to the Canadian Wheat Board. This will make the CWB stronger and better able to meet the needs of producers. It will guarantee that the Board will be adaptable to market forces. Without competition, the CWB will rely on its’ own internal perceptions of service to the industry which are outdated and efficient. The CWB must welcome such challenges or it suffers the risk of stagnation and loss of confidence before producers.

The current Code of Conduct which was signed by the Incumbent Directors is a legally binding contract which prevents those directors who signed it from being directly accountable to producers. I believe that as a producer elected Director my first responsibility is toward those producers who pt me in office and not to the dictates of Ottawa or the Minister in Charge of the Canadian Wheat Board.

Value added wheat and barley products must be allowed unrestricted access to export markets and be granted no cost export licenses. This is a policy decision of the CWB Board of Directors and will be my first priority. No cost export licenses for producers will be my second priority.

I stand for change.

Please cast your ballot for Rod Flaman for Canadaian Wheat Board Director

Vote only for ProChoice Candidates!

UNQUOTE

Now, those are Flaman's own words, not mine.

Vader, you seem to have assumed the role as the primary advocate for Rod Flaman's profile on Agri-ville, so perhaps you might want to ask him this, "If you really didn't mean anything you campaigned on in the first election, how can anyone believe anything you say now?'

Parsley

Comment

Would that be "Wayne Easter" wit?

Comment

Did I say Half Wit?

You must appreciate 'deliciously ironic'!

I see you've been doing some reading incognito. Did you read the court case that Rod Flaman launched against the Board and then dropped it after he became a Director?

Parsley

Comment

What was Flaman's platform for the most recent election?

I note that the election results gave Flaman almost a 2/3 majority for the most recent election as opposed to a slim 52% four years ago.

If a voluntary CWB was the best solution to the problems in Agriculture it might still be on Flaman's agenda. Obviously that is not the case and the electorate seem to support that position.

Comment

8:40AM Alberta Time Sunday March 27

HAPPY EASTER everyone.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...