• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

realtime WCE quotes?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

realtime WCE quotes?

Anyone with realtime quotes from WCE? What's it cost? Is it worth while having? I can't find any place on the net that offers it.

wedino, you've gotten my curiosity up. WCE does offer real time quotes but I don't know how they can be accessed. I contacted the WCE directly to see if they offer real time quotes through their web site. I'll let you know what I find out.

Comment

Wedino;

Do you plan to be a market maker?

IMHO...If you are simply a hedger.. risk manageing your farm's own risk... 10 minute delay and a broker is certainly all you need!

Comment

Oh, oh! I'm agreeing with Tom again! Unless a person is a day-trader, real time quotes aren't necessary as long as we're specific with our broker in our orders and our stops.

Comment

There is a list of real time quote providers on the WCE web site at:

www.wce.ca/marketinfo/market_info_index.asp?section=vendors

The names of the delay and real time providers in the left column on that page is a hot link to their web site where you should be able to get more info.

Comment

Thanks, Melville & Tom4. I realize I don't need it, but was wondering if anyone was using it & if there were any advantages. DTN can provide, however on their Prophtx package they list a number of exchanges, WCE is not one they list.

Comment

Try Reuters/Bridge news. They have some real time information delivery systems that can be delivered by high speed internet and by satellite as well. However, as noted, the monthly fees are costly as are the exchange fees.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...