• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop Condition/Moisture Update

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wind has blown incessantly for the past week. I feel like I have moved to Pincher Creek. We have had 18 mm of rain in May. There is still some moisture close to the surface but even the trees are starting to look a little funny. It is suppose to rain tomorrow but we were suppose to get rain last week as well.Even the zero till fields are starting to stall.

So much for the Garden of Eden at Innisfail

Comment

grassfarmer I am located in the north peace country 3/4 hr north of Manning

Comment

Finally some rain--not what is deluging Calgary and the Foothills, but rain all the same. We have had an inch since the rain started on Wed. It depends what little black cloud passes over your place on how much rain falls. I hear from neighbors just east of me that they were out working in the fields yesterday, so the rain is not happening much east of the # 9 highway in the Irricana/Beiseker area. North of that seems to be getting some moisture. Friends in Manitoba cannot make it stop raining as they have had 6" and the roads are washed out--some areas with 10" and basically flooded. This rain for us is a godsend, however, there will be limited hay production in this area. One can only hope for greenfeed crops and greenfeed being offered at a reasonable price. With the price of cows/calves, it does not make a lot of sense to dump large sums of cash into buying hay or greenfeed to keep these animals through the winter. hg

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...