• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain Marketing

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grain Marketing

According to research conducted by Ipsos-Reid on behalf of Agricore United, many western Canadian grain producers may not be spending enough time scouting their fields during the growing season.

How much time do you spend marketing your grain?

Did they also poll as to how much time farmers spend with their families or how much sleep they get during seeding, spraying and harvest? Give me a break! Perhaps I should hire their crop scouts to find more disease, weeds and bugs in my $2.00/bushel barley field.

Comment

A couple of thoughts.

1) Its not the amount of time you spend but the quality. For some this is 10 minutes in first thing in the morning/last thing at night on the internet. Others will be a radio show you listen to everyday. Some will have a trusted adviser/use their cell phone.

2) If I have limited time, I likely to use time looking at the charts. When things are boring/charts are flat, I can work on other things. When the market is active, I would be paying more attention to newsletters/advisors.

3) Have a marketing plan you have developed in the winter/are implementing now. Have to go with a golf example. You do your practicing/strategy development off the fairway. When you are golfing, you make a quick assessment of what is needed and act.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...