• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bunge, Ft. Sask. ends trucking allowance

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bunge, Ft. Sask. ends trucking allowance

Beginning, August 1, 2005, the canola crusher at Fort Saskatchewan will stop paying trucking allowances for canola deliveries to their plant. What will that mean for you as a canola grower?

One more tidbit. Very, very early basis contracts for new-crop deliveries to the plant, include the trucking allowance. Producers signing recent basis or DDC contracts were all informed that the trucking allowance wouldn't apply after August 1.

Comment

It will be interesting to see with the rising fuel prices what kind of pressure is put on all the trucking incentives this fall ie wheat to terminals etc.

Comment

We farm close to Bunge and had a minor trucking premium. I anticipate their bids should now be higher to attract the same tonnage, but will likely draw from a tighter trading area. Net: good for me bad for those further out, although I have yet to realize this in their bids.

Comment

crusher, it's interesting to talk to Ft. Sask. staff. They DO NOT support the decision but it was made at a higher level and they fought it for some time but decided to quit knocking their heads on the wall. Company brass promised stronger basis levels in return but, of course, that may or may not show up until after Aug 1. But then what will be the yardstick to measure that basis against unless the company actually states that their basis is stronger by so many $$$ because of the policy change. We all know that isn't going to happen.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...