• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Process for Publishing Daily Price Contracts

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Process for Publishing Daily Price Contracts

Vader asked for some thoughts on the daily pricing contract and how the prices should be published.

My thoughts.

I would encourage an example calculation using some historical date. This would demonstrate the process being used. It would also show the US pricing regions used in the calculation.

I would publish the results of the US price calculations daily - perhaps at a state level. I would also move the DPC prices from port to a mid point prairie or for that matter provincial average similar to what is done with the PRO estimates.

Finally, I might be real radical and let the grain companies run the program. They would put their own bells and whistles on as a part of their overall product/service package to their customers (farmers). It would also give them an opportunity to provide the signals necessary to bring the specific type and quality of wheat needed by customers through the system. Putting it simply, the CWB would be a port position buyer for off shore sales and a landed end user/delivery point (i.e. US flour mill or a delivered US elevator) in the case of North American opportunities.
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...