• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manitoba Yields

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manitoba Yields

I just read a summary from Manitoba Ag with their early harvest yields. I thought I had trouble getting out of bed in the morning. Comments like leaving canola to straight cut to get 15 bushels per acre because the swath is too small, just doesn't sound like a good time.

Our crops look pretty good, but that's typical for my area. Not much in crop advancement in the last week. I sure hope it clouds over Thursday and Friday night, or else ... not sure what the plan will be, but I think it will include another off farm job.

Hi Crusher,S.of Brandon,Son combining peas,the best 19 bu.acre.Crop ins.told other Son combine the best of the field,forget the rest,not good,drowned out,too wet,normal,40 bu .

Comment

We only have ryegrass and a bit of canola to harvest this year (1800 acres unseeded). Ryegrass was way down in yield, looked like it ran out of fertilizer (or fertilizer ran out into the ditch with the rain). Canola is poor though was thick enough to swath. Some neighbours having trouble with swaths so thin they blow in wind. Heard stories of winter wheat ranging from 3 to 30 bu/ac, spring wheat is apparently going 20-25 bu and quality is questionable. Weather has finally smartened up enough to spray unseeded acres and hopefully they'll get tilled before freeze-up.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...