• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB restructuring

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB restructuring

Hearing a rumor there's changes at the top, anybody confirm?

GrainVac;

http://www.cwb.ca/en/about/careers/index.jsp

NET Farmer returns have not been lower in decades... yet the CWB keeps on hiring!

Comment

I hear it's Chuck Guite

Parsley

Comment

I posed a stupid question to Vader a while back and got no response from him.

What motivates the employees of the CWB to try and sell grain at a high price?

Many gov't jobs that I know of do not exactly have a high motivation for high achievement.

Just another stupid question from the peasants I guess.

Comment

Silverback;

A "high" price, is what price?

This is a fundemental problem the CWB cannot resolve in a one size fits all pooling based system.

Few people understand that all grain the CWB sells; TODAY: is still through the CWB pools.

Now as a buyer of CWB grain; how do I motivate and bring forward special intrinsic value from specific growers?

I cannot do it through the present system.

This base CWB system needs radical revision to create added value for the grain purchaser... and then; therefore allowing premiums to be paid to growers.

"Extracting" a premium is not possible without a service or intrinsic value that allows the grain purchaser justification to pay the higher price for the product. Another supplier will be found at a competitive price: or a different product replaces the first if less expensive; common sense economics dictates.

On the other hand CWB monopoly theory threatens a short supply to raise the price... this blackmail then supposedly extracts value through a bluff that can be called by a 2 year old child.

The same product can be grown and purchased from anyone else on the globe... IF there were special intrinsic value in Canadian varieties in the first place. A phantom advantage to buying monopoly grown western Canadian wheat or barley is claimed that has no basis in rational reality.

Out of all of this, how on earth the CWB expects to maximise my farm's returns... is beyond any logical explanation!

Comment

What motivates CWB employees, silverback?

Ideology and wages.

It doesn't matter what price you get, silverback. The CWB employee keeps getting higher wages, irregardless of their performance.

The only way they can guarantee their wage windfall is if the state continues to manage your grain. Manage your sales. Manage your earnings. Central planning by the state.

Central planners hired by central planners.

And the silverbacks of the farm will never come out on top.

Parsley

Parsley

Comment

But Parsley!

Isn't this just what the Liberals promised... jobs jobs jobs? Liberal jobs in eternal Liberal ridings like Alcock's, Goodale's safe and sound.

Isn't this the purpose of us redneck farmers... to provide the lubrication and the substance of economic wealth; to be exployted and taken advantage of by those who hold real power?

Comment

I guess I have a miserable streak, tom4cwb, because I refuse to be a victim.

Parsley

Comment

10-4 good buddy... keep them wheels rolling!

From time to time I firmly plant my tongue in my cheek to stop it from hurting so bad. Thankyou for keeping the faith... and for not being bought off.

Principal is more important than profit... to some Principals are life itself; and make life worth living!

Comment

The answer to the initial question is on page 20 of the October 27 Western Producer.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...