• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Pulses in Canada

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Pulses in Canada

I have watched with interest as our Brooks packer strike causes huge numbers of cattle to ship south to the US in the past couple of weeks.
    I understand the finished beef price has actually gone up to western CDN farmers!

Further the squeeling of some Western CDN pulse growers as a few tonnes making a small % of CDN movement of US pulse through SK... is worth a comment or two.

US COOL (Country of origin labeling)is now delayed till 2008 from what I have heard.

Do Canadian farmers expect US farmers to happily see CDN AG Products move by their front yards... into their back yards... lowering US prices;

But we (Canadians) shriek as if being tortured if a little US Ag Product moves through Canada?

Are we really any more "free traders" than our farm cousin neighbours south across the 49th in North Dakota etc.?

DO we expect to export western CDN ag products to every country in the world... while being sooooo hypocritical?

If US Ag products move into Canada and are if they are exactly the same quality, Should they not be allowed to be graded with CDN grades?
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...