• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diesel Trucks

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for that Lee

Comment

On the idea of on farm blending, I seem to remember there is not much issue from the mechanics side with processing on farm. The issue comes with the additives that are used in making the bio diesel and the by product from the process (can't remember what it is). Seems like some of the processes produce very explosive compounds. You have to have a good understanding of the process and the safety procedures that need to be in place. You also have to achieve certain specifications in the fuel to satisfy engine manufacturers requirements to ensure warranties aren't voided. There is a standard that is set out which again I forgot the name of (a sign of old age).

Comment

Here's a link for everything needed to make biodiesel including on farm canola press.
        [url="http://www.biodieselequipment.nl/biocarfuel_corp.htm"]Bioking[/url]

Comment

Just to add fuel to the diesel fire -- Honda has diesel Accords and CRV's in Europe and other manufacturers also have well established diesel cars and trucks. And the Accord 2.2 CTDi sport set 19 world speed records and achieved 92 mpg...
          http://world.honda.com/news/2004/4040506.html

According to other stuff I have read, once ultra low S diesel has been mandated in N. America (middle of 2006), car companies will begin to market them here (beginning in 2007 model year). Apparently these diesels have emission control systems that are polluted with our present levels of S.
          The problem of banned diesel powered passenger cars in 5 US states will probably be resolved with these newer "green" diesels. In fact, the new green diesels quality for the US tax credit the same as hybrids.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...