• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB Credit Rating

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB Credit Rating

Charlie;

Did you see this?

BECAUSE OF PROBABLE GOV'T CHANGES THE CWB's RATING DOWNGRADED

The Canadian Wheat Board's rating issued by Standard & Poor's Inc. has been changed to negative from stable because; "the rising probability that the CWB's institutional arrangements with the Canadian government will materially change," a S&P press release stated.

S&P's Stephen Ogilvie said in this press release; "Canada could agree to phase out these guarantees as part of an agreement on agriculture subsidies and tariffs that are being discussed in the current Doha Round of WTO (World Trade Organization) negotiations,... We expect these negotiations to be fluid even though they may appear stalled at times, as they did last week in Geneva. However, now that the issue of CWB's institutional arrangements have entered the international debate, Standard & Poor's expects CWB to become a subject of domestic discussion again, which could have implication for creditors over time," he stated.

What is this all about?

It's gonna cost you money Tom.

Comment

Please;

Vader, write me out.

Why should I have to pay for something you have done and have requested numerous times to not do business with?

The only real power and threat I have on my farm with others in AG marketing; Is to stop buying (or growing for them) and tell others.

And yes Vader it does make a huge difference.

Except with the CWB monopoly.

Ethics are meaningless to this group that no consequences until now have ever meant anything.

NOW the consequences of immoral behaviour will cost us all, big time Vader.

Comment

As the "the CWB's institutional arrangements with the Canadian government will materially change",

meaning:

1. now farmers pick up the total tab

with

2. the CWB remaining immune to Access to Information,

and much to the relief of Vader:

3. "It's gonna cost you money Tom."
        (translated as costs will soar without government restrictions on CWB spending.)

Farmers could be waiting a long time for your cheques to clear the Pooling Accounts. Staff salaries and per diems come first, don't they Vader?

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...