• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cwb hopper cars

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cwb hopper cars

Vader, At a meeting near Griffin Sk last spring you stated that the cwb did not own any hopper cars & that, due to legislation, the cwb could not own any "bricks & mortar". I notice this news release & am now confused. When did the cwb purchase the 1850 hopper cars that they currently own?

[URL="http://www.cwb.ca/en/news/releases/2005/112505.jsp"][/URL]

You will note from the press release that this increases the CWB ownership of hopper cars to 3510 which implies that the CWB already owned 1850 hopper cars. Hopper cars are not "bricks and mortar". Hopper cars are rolling stock.

I also note that this purchase is identified as a good business investment for farmers. I find that very encouraging since many investments that farmers are making today do not appear to have that positive business case.

Comment

To your actual question. I am not sure of the date but it goes back to the same era when the Governments of Canada, Saskatchewan and Alberta were purchasing hopper cars to satisfy a need in the grain transportation industry.

Comment

Vader, Has the cwb made any money from the purchase of these cars?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...