• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final 2005 Statcan Crop Production Estimates

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final 2005 Statcan Crop Production Estimates

You can find Statscan final 2005 production estimates at:

http://www.statcan.ca/Daily/English/051207/d051207a.htm

The canola number is the shocker.

Charlie;

Should anyone really be surprised? I think not!

9.66mmt would be close to what we expected.

I remember Larry Webber commenting on how yellow it was across SK and AB this summer... and when it turned cool and wet in August the Canola couldn't like this more for filling seed!

And everyone had the opportunity to sell every last seed they needed to... on top of the huge crop!

GOD BLESS CANOLA!

Comment

TOM4CWB,

Your right, everyone has had the chance to sell at profitable levels, I beleive it peaked in this summer at NOV $320.
      It sounds like your all sold, me too. Good job.
      I was a bid surprised at the statscan numbers. I thought a 9 or 9.1 MMT crop. not a 9.66MMT.
      I am a bit scared for the farmers who havent sold anything.
      What is the best approach for them?
      I hate to bring this back to the CWB but.....Can you imajine how farmers would have marketed their board grains if this is how they market their canola?
      Is anybody going to drop canola acres for next year?
      Since I am in a area that does not produce bumper canola crops I can not see growing canola. I think those acres will be replaced with a IP snowbird.

Comment

I think the canola numbers are high. Stats Canada talks seeded acreage & yield. No account for acres lost due to drown out & flooding. Man. only 200K tonne less than 10 year average. Anyway, canola gets beat up again today. Just MHO.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...