• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB Wheat contracting

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB Wheat contracting

Why in the world will the CWB not allow farmers to switch contracts between producers? Most grain companies have no problems transferring canola contracts or non-board grain contracts within the perameter of the contract. If the grain meets the grading spec of the contract and allows both producers to benifit why can't this be done? There are producers out there that have "A" series contracts for 3cwrs that can't fill the minimum requirement due to grading or over contracting and there are other producers without "A" contracts for whatever reason. Neither producer can haul, one producer will have to pay shortage charges and nobody wins. I would think it would be a no brainer as a "farmer directed" corperation to allow these contracts to be transferred. Anyone want to comment on why they won't?

Widser;

On over contracted "A" series grain that the acceptance was 80%, my understanding is that the contract can be lowered to what ever the level needed by the producer... since the CWB did not accept 100% of the contracted amount.

It is possible this has changed in the last year... but this is the way it used to be.

On quota realocation it has always been the right of the CWB to have quotas specific to individual producers... and as long as 100% acceptance of contracts was the norm... it was not a burning issue to be dealt with. THis changed as the CWB refused to take 100% of the contracted amount.

My understanding is that PPO contracts are transferable, between producers. Whether a quota transfer would also be acceptable to cover the specific delivery of the PPO... would be a good issue to have clarified.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...