• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB Election Review Panel Report

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T4, even if it was 30 million total acres, the average largish farm size of 5000 acres is still very very small as a percentage. Principal or not, the reality is it is insignificant and not worth the expense to administer.

Comment

We must start somewhere.

THE AUSIES have made a start... it is time we recoginsed the same principals.

I would like to take this opportunity to:

Thank all for allowing a great discussion!

Peace be with you and yours!

Merry CHistmas!

God Bless you and yours... all the best for 2006 and beyond!

Comment

Here's another curve ball for the discussion. What about the irrigation farmers in southern Alberta - the ones that grow twice as much wheat or barley per acre as most dryland producers? Considering them, should the number of votes be based on acres or production? What about the argument that a producer who hasn't sold anything to the CWB in the last two years but but did four years ago and will likely do so again in 2006 because of changes in croppings plans?

Incidently, I heard a large landowner saying that votes in municipal elections should be on the basis number of acres owned or dollars of taxes paid not one vote for each land owner. After I heard that it's obvious that the one-vote-per-person idea has detractors at the municipal level, too.

Comment

Lee;

Municipal assesment could be used, I understand it has a productivity factor included in it.

Municipal government is a different situation normanlly than the CWB...

The CWB -claims- to be a "commercial" company... therefore it should walk the talk and be governed in a "commercial" manner.

Comment

Egotism! Brian Mulroney said it is the ultimate board of directors. It has nothing to do with the obvious rewards (political salary). Its the manipulation of events, that somehow financaly rewards friends, that remarkably pay off later or are forever hidden from view.

Martin is also motivated (and desperate)to KEEP hidden from scrutiny other areas of the Adscam issue that were NOT part of the Gomery scope of investigation or guidelines, as set out by Martin himself!!!

Damage control!!!

Any one hear of the Adsam-Martin-Ernscliff connection???

You would if you subscribed to the Western Standard

Comment

Tom,

For future reference. Your 1 billion people going to bed hungry everyday has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion. There are issues above and beyond what is discussed here that have to do with world hunger. Agriculture in North America is the tip of the iceburg.

But, I guess you can go ahead and chase your little fantasy of you and Monsanto saving the world by feeding the starving masses.

I do, however, suggest that you take off your blinders and open you mind a little. Expand your horizons beyond modeling your each and every agri-idea towards a corporate structure and corporate ideology.

Comment

Lakenheath;

Watching governance systems over the years teaches us much.

Those responsible for assets... are in general by far the most responsible to us the assets in a responsible manner.

I do not own a company. Joint ventures and Strategic Alliances are key our our families farm.

Co-operation and pooling of both resourses and risk is prime when we work with others who need and want to work with us!

Some of Monsanto's management is deserving of your scorn; some is innovative and we can learn from.

We can choose to be positive and look for opportunity... I would encourage all to choose faith, hope, and love; over:fear, dispair, and hatered.

Peace be with you and yours!

Comment

Responsible to USE... sticky key!

Comment

I often wonder what might happen if Martin and his gang lose and the Conservatives played hardball and went after the thieves?
                    Could it be possible that one day we might see Chretien and Martin wearing orange jumpsuits? I would imagine they weren't stupid enough to do anything that they could go to the can for...most top notch gangsters don't...they let the soldiers do the dirty work! But I wonder if they could be caught in their own gang laws, like the RICO laws in the USA?
                    I wonder if the other criminals in the slammer would call them "right honorable" then?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...