• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SWP

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SWP

So who is buying up large blocks of SWP and why? Larry Webber believes the CWB is involved, but hey deny it. Who then Patterson or Bunge? Any guesses?

Larry is full of gossup. I have an inside track on the going on in the SWP.

Comment

And I have the Caramilk secret ...Lakenheath if you have facts to shoot down the rumors fire away ...

Comment

I should proof-read my posts better. I must come across as uneducated half the time. Anyways, I can't go beyond stating that the SWP rumour is purely gossip. You'll have to just trust me. Like Tom preaches, we will have to pratice trust in this situation.

Comment

Ya doin a little insider trading, lakenheath?

Comment

If we guess will you tell?

I say you're Ralph Goodale and you are writing from the Ontario Securities Commission Interogation Centre in Ontario.

Parsley

Comment

cwb buying SWP?

[URL="http://www.cbc.ca/sask/story/pool-shares051222.html"][/URL]

Comment

Incognito;

I am not saying the CWB is buying SWP shares.

However the CWB just bought a bunch of hopper cars last month... which is supposed to be beyond the mandate of the CWB...

Except if the CWB Minister/Finance Minister tell the CWB to jump, the CWB must say how high.

Comment

Let me guess, in 2 weeks PMPM will make a grand announcement that they are going to save the prairie grain industry by buying as much infrastructure as possible. They needed to drop the initials so that they could finance a stock buy with our money and grain.

Vote Liberal and all will be well again.

Comment

I could be wrong but here is an idea

Cofco and CWB working together to take over SWP......

Cwb can't buy assets with out aproval of Cabinet.. they may have this aproval because they are purchasing the rail car they leased ( why don't they give them to the FRCC???)
                    A way around it is to have a friend involved at a arms length...so in order to aquire assets they arange a deal with COFCO out of china to purchase assets on there behalf. This could be the purchase of SWP along with terminal 1 on the west coast. In regards to terminal 1 this would why the fed are dragging there feet on this sale
                    Rumor has it that they have a major anouncement coming at there CIGI alumni meeting (which I didn't get my invite to yet)and I think they are going to anounce a value added partnership with COFCO in China. I am not saying this is good or bad...It may be okay and it is nice to see the CWB show some vision...My concern is that the farmers are forced to participate and bare all the risk if it should go bad....One question that needs to be asked is? what's in it for COFCO...Malt barley at prefered prices or preferential handling of CWB products....I wonder what AU and Cargil would say about that.
                    Another item to be discussed is the compensation for the loss of the goverment Guarantees etc. CWB are lobby hard to have the feds inject cash to offset this loss....My question is where should that cash go. My thoughts is that it should be paid directly to farmers and they can choose to forward it to the CWB if they want or invest in a local ethanol project or whatever. It should not be given directly to the CWB..If you want the CWB then you put your money where your mouth is and invest in it
                    Anybody want to bet a coffee on this?

Comment

Randy;

Good work!

Why are we NOT allowed to go on the 4th of Jan/06 to Saskatoon and ask these questions?

I agree totally on the CWB buying grain handling assets... this needs to be on a voluntary basis... let us put our money where our mouth is!

Is the Goodale/Liberal plan of sneeking around behind closed doors to be rewarded in this federal election?

TALK about a LACK of honest leadership in the GRAIN INDUSTRY! Goodale should be in jail for putting us in the position we are in now:

Railways run right over us... (CROW etc.)

Total lack of leadership in the grain handling system...

CWB to be left lurching in dispair as Goodale/Alcock smile all the way to the bank!

Where are the Libewrals leading us to?

What is the vision for the future of the "designated area" grain industry?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...