• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When are we Hoarding food?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Profarmer

$3.25-2.67 = .58 per bushel or $21.30 per tonne. If you can get $3.25 per bushel and it costs you 6.00 per tonne to get and extra $21.30 please tell me

"What are you waiting for"??????

Comment

SawFly you must be an old farmer who will fight for the board no matter what they do. Times change the CWB is a joke. ProFarmer totally agree with you we got guys here in SE Sask who have #3 hard red locked up on the board for 2.75/bus (according to CWB latest pro) and you can sell feed down here for 3.00 PU on farm!!! Sawfly the CWB is my whipping boy because they're a F***ING JOKE. One more thing what kind of buyer charges you to recieve your money?? Eg. Taking out EPO's they charge you so much a tonne to take out your money!! Now there throwing out the 80% option because it was the cheapest and everyone was signing it up(but they have my best interest at heart) Sawfly you just keep on supporting the CWB,and when your 70's money runs out mabye you'll get with reality.

Comment

Sorry ProFarmer to jump in here, but Vader your no better than Sawfly, why should Profarmer pay the 6.00tonne?? How much did I get paid a tonne for the board backing out of my A series contract?? Not a dime so if he wants out why should he pay a penalty??

Comment

How old are you toughgoofit?

Comment

Sorry to bud in here Lakenhealth, but i have to agree with Toughgoofit on the wheat board and the NDP's. The Wheat Board is a joke. Why can I consecutively sell my canola which is not "supply managed" and still make more money than my wheat. I think that Mr. Harper has the right alternative which is a dual marketing system.Let the supporters use the board and the rest of us will market our own wheat and barley then we will see who is on top. The Western Producer says that malt barley stocks are minimal,and I know that there was very little malt in our area and prices are still shit. WHy does the wheat board not reflect this. There has been 2 bad years in a row for malt and they still won't pay the producer. The only reason we grow malt is because it is better than wheat and we need it for rotation, what the hell does a guy do. The wheat board and the NDP represent everything that is wrong with agriculture especially with the NDP in SK.

Comment

Strange, the Reform/Conservatives say dual marketing for grains but marketing boards for monopoly of selling milk and eggs is okay!! Which is it ? Or are they just sucking up to Eastern voters who want to keep their monopoly?

Comment

they are trying to gain votes in Ontario and sustain their support in Western Canada. It is hard to please everyone, but there are a lot more votes in Eastern Canada than here.

Comment

Lakenheath,I'm 24 years old why?

Comment

Cheapskidoo, don't even get me started on the malt barley issue. Curious how old you are because after revealing my age now to Lakenheath I'm sure these guys won't take me seroiusly.

Comment

Hope the concervatives win and the CWB and all their NDP supporters go by the wayside. Young farmers are going broke all over I can't produce the wheat that they "want" which is HIgh protein high quality the board says they can get a premium for it but it does't get back to me. White wheat was supposed to be better. A wheat with higher flour out put but no premium to speak of and the protein is lower. If grain farming doesn't improve real quick ther is going to be such a mass exodis of young farmers leaving and those older farmers who stand back and beat their chests for the CWB will not have any body left to sell their farms to and retire on what eqity they have left

Comment

I am 27 years old and I am probably just as frusterated as you. Yes, the CWB has major issues. But don't totally discredit it. And using the f-bomb will make people take you less seriously than your age. Farming has major major issues these days. The CWB is merely the tip of the ice-berg. One small part of the whole farming equation.

Comment

Toughgoofit, I am 26, doesn't matter my dad is 67, thinks the same way I do.
                          The wheat board is good for the end user and bad for the primary producer. Take last year for instance, piss poor wheat all over the prairies and bakeries such as Warburton in England are scrambling for decent wheat. Agricore United is supposed to be the primary Canadian supplier for this bakery, but very little wheat made the 2red grade, which is what Warburton requires. So Warburton phones up the Wheat Board srambling to find some wheat and what do you know the Board has thousands of tonnes of wheat from the year before and sells it to Warburton for a "price" which I am sure is more than the $4.00 a 1CWRS was worth to the producer last year. Point is that you or I do not know what is going on with the price of our grain, we give it to the Board and they change what it's worth every couple months and in the end it is still worthless besides the fact that it takes over a year to hit your pocket! I do not believe in govenment operated business and after seeing the progress our industry is making under the coexistence of the Board am inclined to think that it is not helping the farmer.

Comment

It is good to see more young farmers join the forums here. Where do you guys farm? I farm in Southwest Saskatchewan near Assiniboia.

Comment

We farm in north east SK near Naicam. I just found out about this site not too long ago, lots of good discussions.

Comment

By the way i have no 70s money.
                                i started with a 1/2 section in 79
                                yes you will get your wish and the board will be destroyed.
                                yes farming sucks
                                in our area after 3 years of disaster and decent crop last year. There will be land renting for the taxes.some not farmed at all.
                                there are no young farmers, and if those of us that are renting 2 or 3 other farms
                                now, pack it in, you will see a total collapse in rents and a drop in land values.

getting rid of the board is gonna cure all that? right.

nothing to do with the fact the USA subsidises to the tune of 128$ per tonne of wheat, the EEC 140 something, canada 28$

so we are 100$ a tonne, or close to ,100$/acre behind our nearest competetor
                                Hell 50 would make me happy.

not the chemical companies who own our ass and milk us for every drop .

no its that damn commie wheat board

Board or no board it aint gonna matter.we are going down and nothing short of a diaster is gonna save us

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...