• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola price discovery

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola price discovery

Can people make suggestions on how price discovery can be better achieved in Canada. Such as no contract altogether, pricing off US beans, futures clearinghouse ideas etc. What can be done to make it better??

This should be a great forum to get some creative ideas going.

WD9;

I have watched with interest in the past month as many grain co's have worked to get canola out of farmer's hands.

A local Alberta bid of $4.50 over March to fill orders on Wed. THIS HAS Happened quite a few times in the last month.

What does this do to basis contracts in the future?

Sales to spec. is not new; but the biodeisel demand has brought a whole new perspective to the canola oil market!

As black oil rises, biofuel does as well!

Typical paths of trade are bypassed... new methods for sales are being forged!

Can we incorporate this trade into fall 06 basis contracts?

Have we turned a corner with the CDN crop, as demand is sucking the 05 crop out of our bins?

Comment

I dont think it will help the CWB.

Comment

which market, the cash or the futures?
        They are separate and different.

Comment

Tom what will probably happen here is AWB will lose "custodianship" of single desk before Govt does away with it,thats my humble opinion i dont agree with it i think thats the first step to full deregulation here in aust

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...