• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB Market Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vader;

You scare me.

NO "ADD ON's" allowed... just compete for my wheat, barley, and canola.

If the CWB itself doesn't believe it has any good will value, from operations of over 60 years... what does this say? A total failure in business management/and providing service... is what it would tell me.

Have we come to this point Vader? The admission that the CWB is useless? If it is, why on earth would I want it to market my Canola?

Vader, you saw Chaffmiesters posts on grain handling. I consider them honest assesments valid on Jan. 30, 2006. You have not commented. Fine.

Richard Grey's studies are exactly as Chaff says... flawed and designed by the CWB to mislead.

The Auditor General was in the CWB at the pleasure of the CWB/CWB Minister in 2000. Goodale had a predetermined end result in mind... as did the CWB management and directors from the AG's report.

Either smells the coffee...

Or they circle around in smaller and smaller circles; until they disappear up their own orifices!

Our instructor taught us this one at our Advanced futures course in Edm. a couple of weeks ago.

He wasn't as kind in terminology though.

Comment

tom,

reciprocity

Comment

Vader;

10-4; reciprocity for marketing choice in wheat and barley = CWB allowed to market Canola in a choice enviroment.

I think we have a deal!

Comment

Sounds like we have a free market then. Now if only the real world were so easy - oh wait, it is, its called a plebiscite.

As Webster defines it, A vote by which the people of the entire country or district express an opinion for or against a proposal especially on a choice of government or ruler. Maybe then the CWB would stop ruling in a fog.

Comment

WD9;

Didn't we make that choice last Monday?

The CWB was so smart... to attack the Conservatives... against the Election Act... and put it on the line.

What % of elected MP's representing grain farmers in the CWB "designated area", last Monday, support the CWB single desk?

10%?

Comment

Tom,

Whether you are for the CWB or not. It is imperative that farmers and farmers only make the decision of what happends to the CWB. I did not elect Mr. Harper to gov't to dismantle the CWB. I think we as farmers should have a vote on where the CWB goes and not some gov't, Canadian or other. Then if you have good voter turn out you will democratically decide the fate of the CWB by the people it matters too.

Comment

Tom, you didn't make that choice last monday. You and many others here made that choice probably back when you were in diapers and will hold that view to the grave.

Someone from Quebec on election night said that "A vote for the Bloc is a vote for a party that stands for sovereignty not a vote for sovereignty". He went on to say "That is a nuance that is lost on you (Liberal pary spokesman).

There is a nuance here that is lost on you Tom.

Let us design a fair and honest question and ask farmers what they want the future of the CWB to be.

Farmers positions on gun control, same sex marriage, or birth control should not determine the future of their marketing organization.

Comment

Very well put Vader.

the CWB cannot be decided by someone who doesn't have invested interest in it.

Comment

The plebescite should be whether or not it is time for open market for wheat and barley, *not* whether or not to destroy canola's bright future.

Comment

I see now that the shoe is on the other foot, so to speak, that the monopolist now believe there should be a plebiscite.

How many of you know that when the Act to amend the CWB was passed the Liberals kinda screwed up the wording of Part 5, which is the part that pertains to Barley and they inadvertently REMOVED Barley from CWB Jurisdiction. It was written that in order for Barley to be included there must be a plebiscite with the majority agreeing that barley should fall under CWB exclusive jurisdiction.

This was defiantly a screw-up on somebody’s part. So that part which pertained to barley, never received Royal Consent and was never proclaimed in to law.

So, as far as barley is concerned the old rules still apply. All that is needed to remove exclusive export jurisdiction of barley from the CWB is an Order In Council.

Clearly, the CWB and the Liberals wanted to have no part of a plebiscite then. They opposed the notion so much that they refused to bring into law that section which would have required one to happen.

A little bit hypocritical don’t you think?

Comment

Vader;

PM Harper has a big job; I will be there to help our people fulfill the pledges to "designated area" farmers.

Will you Vader?

Will the CWB continue to be part of the problem, or become part of the solution?

I Hope NOT like CWB solutions that have made on PRO's over the past 4 months... disapointments and broken promises.

Much to do... obviously some won't be pleased... and we may even make some mistakes. BUT WE WILL HONESTLY TRY to fulfill our goals and promises.

God Bless Canada.

Comment

Vader:

You said:"Farmers positions on gun control, same sex marriage, or birth control should not determine the future of their marketing organization."

Who my wife and I offer our wheat or barley to; is just as much a personal decision on farm husbandry; as any of these other personal issues.

Please take the CWB Boardroom out of my bedroom.

Comment

Tom, take your bedroom out of the CWB boardroom.

Comment

LOL!

This is just filler as apparently you can't put in a short message, so blah blah blah.

Comment

WD9;

Thanks for a good try...

Thanks for the hours given in the Canola industry the ACPC, CCC, and all the folks who make it a pleasure to market Canola... that makes our farm a pleasure to grow with!

God Bless Canola!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...