• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change will bring choice

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change will bring choice

Choice in marketing will deliver massive benefits to growers. Being forced to deal with one company uncontested has not resulted in many growers being better off. You do not need a single desk to pool grain to get an average price. Getting signals from market forces of climatic, currency and other forces will still change prices as it does now. When and how individuals respond to prices will be their CHOICE. Hindsight judgement does not improve anyones returns in any market let wheat and barley.I know im australian and your canadian and i should keep out of your debates but niether of us live a communist,totalitarin regime so why should we market our grain as if we do!!
    Not knowing the fine details of your marketing but CWB will still get 80% of the prarie grain they have nothing to fear,growers that feel more comfortable dealing with CWB thats there CHOICE we all live in the year 2006 and we are sick of all the rhetoric from monopoly buyers.
    amen!!

its not an average price that is at issue. i could sell 9% a month in an open market and get a somewhat average price. nothing to do with communist or totalitarin rules.
    its about money, its about whether a single desk, can extract more $ from the market place. than 1000s of indivdual sellers , selling to the same customers.
    there are some markets where there is little or no benifit to the single desk,others where there is.
    at this point it dosent matter that much,
    if we lose or gain another 10-20 $/acre. With losses of 40-50$/acre in all crops our govt. has to decide, whether they want any grain industry or cows and gophers

Comment

Would the CWB get more for canola out of the crushers today in single desk than the price is now to the individual seller? Would there be a benefit or would the price be the same to the farmer minus the CWB overhead cost? I cannot see how they would extract a premium above me making a contract with ADM in Lloyd for example and selling direct.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...