• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

marketing clubs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marketing clubs

Something I have seen used to good successs have been marketing groups or clubs, In these a group of 2 or more set up an account with a broker and meet regularly to discuss,invest, and use the the markets using a set sum say 1000 a year per member. It is a good education and way to learn the markets without betting the farm,literally. All proceeds if any are returned to the club. I've seen situations where the club begins to pay dividends/profits back to the members.
    How many posters on agriville are members of such a club or would think about being a member of one? I believe Lee and or charlie would be able to point you in the direction of provincial marketing people that would help you get started , I may get corrected on that.

Yes, I do quite a bit of work with marketing clubs. I've helped start eight or ten and, unfortunately, only three are still running. One (Palliser Triangle) just had its tenth anniversary Christmas party.

In my opinion, they're they best way for farm managers to learn. The Palliser Triangle group meets at least once a month. They're branched out into other things like forward contracting fuel and farm financial management, etc. but they're still a way for members to exchange ideas and strategies for dealing with all kinds of issues. The members keep all discussion confidential so the value is in membership. Of course, like any other community organization, the Palliser club takes work to keep going. Their discussions are always interesting and helpful to one another.

I have info in how to start a club, if anyone is interested.

The other two clubs started five or six years ago, then disbanded, and are restarting. There's a new one starting in East Central Alberta.

lee.melvill@gov.ab.ca

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...