• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AdamSmith agrees 100% with Ken Ritter

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parsley:

1. In the event the CWB was closed down, the multinationals would not have to hire staff to source grain for them. This is one of the problems with the whole CWB system – it’s almost totally redundant. The Graincos already have staff “sourcing” grain – even CWB grain. The CWB has area representatives almost doing the same thing. The CWB has about 100 people in its transportation department – doing exactly the same thing as their counterparts in the Graincos. And much of the CWB grain exported from Canada is actually sold by Accredited Exporters (Graincos) – now talk about redundant!

2. You say farmers pay for sourcing now. Yes that’s right – CWB, no-CWB or non-CWB, you’re paying for grain handling (sourcing). As long as these guys provide you with a service you can use, it’s not a bad thing. As soon as you can do it cheaper, better, faster, without them, they should be dust in the wind.

Comment

Perhaps you are right about hiring staff, chaffmeister.

I had always presumed that the accredited agencies filling out the permit books, would pencil in a fee, and the CWB(farmers) would pay for that service.

The big advantage to the corps is the access to the information staring at them.

Amounts in every bin, etc. at their fingertips. And taking to farmers about seeding plans, etc while filling out the permit books. All charged to the farmers.

The Corps now need few staff to source what they need or to buy from the Board.
      BUT
      What if CWB disappears?
      1.No more permit books.
      2. Info not available.

Or what if open market?
      1.Some permit books not available.
      2. Some info not available

In either scenario, I presumed corps would hire extra staff.

No Board staff but a few extra Corps staff equals savings for farmers, is what I penciled out.
      Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...