• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeding report

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeding report

How is the land looking in the west? Here in East-Central Ontari-ario we haven't had rain yet this spring, highs of 11 and 12 and I have at least 2 neighbours sowing barley today. We're only putting a barley mix in for balage so I don't think I'll get in a big hurry until we at least see April roll around.

Situation 1/2 hour east of Saskatoon:
    Lots of snow. Most snow we have had in many years. There is still a couple of feet of snow on the level and yards and trees with big drifts. This follows quite a bit of rain last fall so soil went into winter wet. Melt just started in the last few days and it looks like there will be lots of water to go around this spring. Seeding will likely be delayed although that remains to be seen.

Comment

The snow here just SE of Calgary is pretty much gone now, but boy is it soggy. We too had gobs of rain last summer ( dare I say too much, never thought I would), and it's going o take some seriously drying out before we can even think of getting on the land. Late April if we're lucky, from the way things look now.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...