• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat calls

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheat calls

Should a person be taking advantage of the KC wheat 510 or 520 calls for dec? I think so....that is selling the calls to collect the premium.

Farmboy077;

When you sell a call, it is the same as going long;

Margin accounts, on calls are required, cash flow set aside to cover if needed.

Comment

That is the area just above next major resistance, 4.90 on the continuation with some carry to December. To manage risk you may want to sell (offset), if the call gets exercised. You'll need to plant some wheat. I think you can do an exchange for physical with the board through a PPO. I've never tried it, but I think it would work. What are the calls trading at? Is there any volume?

Comment

Tom
        selling a call is not the same as going long. it is guaranteeing that the market will not rally above my strike, and if it does, it is like being short.
        I trade plenty, but by selling the call premium, especially the 520 dec KC, for 22 cents, that means the market has to rally to 542 before you loose any money, and then you have the wheat tot sell at that higher price.

Comment

Farmboy044;

Sorry I got the names wrong.

44, AS you said correctly, if you sell a $5.20 call, at $5.42, you have broken even minus commissions. Historically this is a good idea. Just remember the folks who did this simular trade on oil a couple of years ago ate the difference.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...