• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malleefarmers Farm

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malleefarmers Farm

Farm in SAust in 13.5" rainfall
    I have 9300 acres plus i lease a further 1500 acres land value is between $200 and 300 per acre soils are stony but although my rainfall is low its quite reliable most years and is falls from april our fall through to sept/oct our spring with the peak months being june july august but we do get summer storms
    I crop 4000 acres to wheat sown in may harvested in nov/dec sometimes jan
    1500 acres of barley and 400 of canola and some oats and triticale 150 acres of each plus feed is sown for livestock
    I have 2600 sheep and 1800 lambs and 50 angus in a cow/calf operation running on the pasture around 6000 acres
    Yields i hope to achieve are basically 30 bushels wheat 45 bushels barley per acre costs per acre to produce these crops are around $45-55 per acre i run a low input operation costs and work the less i have to do the better.....
    My age is 42 and i have one full time worker plus of course a good wife
    Some land is continuously cropped about 2000 acres the rest is crop/pasture rotation and i try to use no till methods but varies according to paddocks seed with a 62ft flexicoil 820 seeder tj 375 tractor and harvest with one tr99 yes one only get contractors in if weather goes bad
    Alot of my grain goes straight to dairy farmers within a 200 km radius and direct to flour mills or werever best prices are.
    There my life story guys feel free to ask any questions sorry im an infrequent poster but i do read agriville every 2nd or 3rd day
    But right now were going into spring with days waming 27 yesterday.this year we had 5 inches between later feb and april but weve only had 2 inches since with stony subsoil with not much depth we dry out quick but as the crow flies were probably only 90 kms from the sea so we usually pick up showers but not this year

forgot my frieght to port is $18 per tonne

Comment

Also another question i know this isnt the place to post it but im looking at getting a set of Atom Jet single shoot boots as they look tough and are being sold here any comments are welcome
      my email is blacket.p@bigpond.com

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...