• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

producer car loading

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

producer car loading

I am interested in loading producer cars this year. I can't seem to find the locations that I can load them, if I want to do it myself.(not through a cgc bonded company).
    thanks

Give Barry Dackiw a call at the CGC in Winnipeg, he may know in your area. Also simply phone CN or CP and ask them.

Comment

Are you in Saskatchewan? CN or CP?

Comment

gjoost, if you're loading Board grains, another good contact is the CWB producer car administrator. He's Curtis Ewacha at 204-983-6051.

The forms, etc., for Board cars are at:

http://www.cwb.ca/public/en/movement/producer_cars/index.jsp

Comment

Thanks. Just received notice that freight from here (southern ab.) is going up another $2.00 per m.t. I don't know where it will stop. but with the good quality grain in the bin, I think I may have to bypass at least part of the primary elevation (12.63) and most of my grain is below 1 % dockage so the dockage cleaning (4.55) at the coast may be bypassed as well.Freight however i cannot bypass, within this monopoly.
          Too many years, too low prices, I guess we have to get used to this reality, so our costs will have to come down as well.

Comment

The ironic thing is the same groups that told us that the end of the Crow
            rate would be good for us , are the same people telling us how great things will be without the CWB.They want us to give up monopolies that work for us (CWB) but don't dare touch the monopolies that work against us i.e railway Companys. Anytime joint running rights are mentioned groups like the Wheat Growers cry fowl...Makes you wonder who are they really working for ? U of S economists have claimed that on an average crop in Sask $46 per acre ends up in railroad coffers it would be nice if producers could say the same.

Comment

I've used the CWB as administrators and they work out well, they are writing your check anyways and the fee is reasonable. I believe dockage has to be less than 0.2% for cleaning to not be charged. Also you will find the dockage at the coast less than your local elevator who apparently don't realize there are decimals below 1%.

Comment

We look at producer cars as adding value of at least 10$ an acre to our
                farm without investing an extra dime.It is the easiest way of value adding that there is.

Comment

The best books I've seen anywhere about producer cars is "Producer Car Loading - Best Practices Manual". The book, now in second printing, is very, very easy to read and follow. Everything you need to know is there in point form.

The cost is right, too, $5.00 including shipping and GST but not including dockage or shrinkage or other tookage.

Shipping and handling is being handled by the Donna Welke's Canadian Grain Commission office in Regina.

Send your cheque for $5.00 payable to S.A.R.M. to:
                  Canadian Grain Commission
                  355 Park Street
                  Regina SK
                  S4N 5B2

Comment

We have used producer cars for several years now with great success BUT you must be very patient with the CWB sending your cheque as it seems they work at only one speed in Winterpeg. Our last cars were unloaded in Vancouver in mid July and 35days later we got our cheque.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...