• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wheat grades& protiens

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheat grades& protiens

My prodigy hrs wht. is still 5-7 days from swathing but will likely leave it for 10-12 days before st.combining.
    There is alot of wheat comeing off now. I hear there may not be any movement of wheat till possibly end of Oct. Has any one got a solid grade and protien level?
    I've heard yield from 28-58 within 70 miles. protien should vary as well.

Farmerfud;

East central Alberta has CWRS 1 and 2; not heard of much 3 being graded.

Px 12-15 average is what I have heard and seen.

By the end of this week most of the CWRS will be harvested... an easy run this year our moisture being about 12.5 average.

Comment

Tom, with the wheat dry like that, did you have to change adjustments on your combine to reduce cracking?

Comment

All of the wheat is done in our area (Red River valley, east of Winnipeg). Mine averaged 13.5 protien, all number 1 grade, yield of 43 bu. I also had it tested at the local flour mill for falling number, which was 402.

I hear most wheat in this area has lower than normal protien some below 12, some as high as 16, but most between 12 and 13 percent. This is a surprise, as it was a dry year, in which yields are normally low but protien is high.

Comment

mellvil,

We tried to keep returns to a minimum, filler plates on the concaves to thrash better and slow down some to reduce loss.

Some wheat has come in at 9% moisture they were telling me; we have Canola below 4%.

Comment

One report from the Brooks area - hard white wheat on irrigations at 14.6% protein! That's unusually high for a field with "electric rain".

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...