• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crushing Plants New

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crushing Plants New

Two new canola crushing plants in Yorkton. JRI and Louis Dreyfus will build plants in Yorkton to crush up to half of Sask canola crop. With this new crushing capacity will any canola be exported? A lot of questions about the future of canoa industry. Who is going to supply these plants and at what price. Certainly not at 6$. I believe production contracts will eventually take over canola marketing. I would like to see production contracts for HRS as well.

I like the idea of production contracts as well. It worked really well for us when we started in the lentil and pea growing. In fact it was a lot better then when companies were actually trying to sign up people to produce enough acres. Now that there is enough acres being grown the companies just sit back and wait knowing they will be able to get enough product as cheap as possible. As for the two crushing plants I find it hard to believe that two plants of that size would be planned for the one area. I think that it sounds like a bunch of typical NDP rhetoric before the next election next spring. I hope I am wrong but I recall an ethanol plant that was announced before the last provincial election that never materialized( the field is still bare at Belle Plain where the sod was turned) God I am getting cynical in my old age well back to harvest rain is forecast for the end of the week.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...