• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideas on fixing NH3 prices for the spring

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas on fixing NH3 prices for the spring

i know that this is a commodity board but I was wondering if anyone out there has any good ideas on how to fix Nh3 prices for the spring. We moved to 0-till last year and the downside of putting gas on in the spring is it's more expensive than fall(usually). Dry fertilizer people can store. We used to band in the fall, don't want to have to do that. Not sure what to do I want to stay with NH3 but also want to fix some costs as well. TIA for any response.

Brad, I hear you.

I booked some juice for $450/t for mid row banding when I seed my winter wheat (hopefully by Tues or Wed). When I found out the price I offered to buy out right 2/3 of my next springs needs, I was told that I couldn't do that. The fellow from the company I deal with did tell me they would be offering a spring booking price come November, but I'm sure it won't be for $450/t it will probably be $100/t higher than that.

I offered to lay the cash down right then and there and they didn't even care.

Comment

My NH3 price this fall is $550.

Comment

$510 here.

Comment

Natural Gas is falling like a stone, can't wait to hear why fertilizer has to stay high.

Canadian dollar?, Mideast Conflict?, etc.

Comment

It just amazes me how as farmers we always get the shaft. I was at the local fert dealer the other day and yes I told him I would pay .26LB for fall Gas because thats how much less natural gas is now compared to last year and the year before. He laughed hasnt got the price from head office yet. Yea their doing cost analyisis, AH WHAT WILL THE DUMB FARMER PAY US HM SAME AS LAST YEAR JUST COME UP WITH AN EXCUSE YEA PLANT SHUT DOWN YEA CHANGE THAT BEARING ON THE CONVEYOR TAKE TWO WEEKS THAT WILL WORK>
            ITS all BS>

Comment

I live in SW Manitoba. Quoted $464/mt for product, $504/mt full service for NH3. 46-0-0 $350/mt. All product has to go on this fall or be taken home and be paid for.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...