• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB

The federal government is committed to marketing choice and farmers are going to get choice whether or not a majority wants it. The government action makes a mockery of self-determination for producers. Usually I’d be urging interesting producers to let their name stand for the CWB election whether they support or oppose the central desk. That’s what democracy is all about. This time around, it’s hard to get excited about the whole process. If the government is calling the shots, what’s the point of farmer elections?

Lakenheath;

I find the greed, fearmongering, and selfishness of CWB directors sad.

1. Greed. THe CWB claims I can get more for my grain by taking a neighbours grain... the essence of the single desk.

DOes taking our neighbours grain against their will make it right if we have a vote on it?

Not.

2.Fearmongering.

The CWB stand that the sky will fall... the CWB cannot market grain effectively, and the multinationals will destroy us is simply daft.

THe CWB forces me to use an agent of the Board now... I must make peace with them if I want to sell my wheat or barley now... and the CWB makes it profitable for them through the monopoly to top it all off.

3. Selfishness. The Single desk CWB DIrectors simply are too lazy to compete in the real world of grain marketing... because they think they are above their neighbour... and can steal their grain without permission being given. ANd this is a democractic issue to vote on?

Warped Mafia thinking more like.

DO you also agree with what Chairman Ritter said last year...

Chairman Ritter said: "I will use a saying by AlCapone... we don't usually talk about the Mafia... but I will use it anyway;

You can get a lot done with a SMILE,

But you sure, can get a lot more done: With a GUN; and a SMILE."

Isn't this the essence of the "democratic" argument CWB single desk directors use?

Comment

What's up Lakenheath, you didn't like the title of Incognito's post so you wanted to start your own?

Comment

Before you point fingers at the CWB directors you should take a good look in the mirror when it comes to greed and selfishness. It seems the so-called free marketers are only interested in their own well being and could care less about others.

Comment

Hursh on Agriculture

CWB election farce

It’s an election that may not matter much. Nominations are open for Canadian Wheat Board director elections in the odd numbered districts. Most of the past elections have been hotly contested and the main issue has been the future of the CWB’s monopoly on wheat and barley exports. What’s the election going to be about this time? The Conservative government seems determined to remove the central desk. Whether it can do this without going through the House of Commons is open for debate, but certainly the Conservatives act like they are going to find a way to make the change. Most of the current farmer-elected directors support the central desk. That apparently doesn’t matter. The federal government is committed to marketing choice and farmers are going to get choice whether or not a majority wants it. The government action makes a mockery of self-determination for producers. Usually I’d be urging interesting producers to let their name stand for the CWB election whether they support or oppose the central desk. That’s what democracy is all about. This time around, it’s hard to get excited about the whole process. If the government is calling the shots, what’s the point of farmer elections? I’m Kevin Hursh.

Comment

Agstar77;

Well; before you point your finger... when was the last time you called me and actually asked nicely for my help?

Or are you above this... it is easier to just mark a CWB ballot and steal my grain without my permission?

COveting our neighbours grain... to make ourselves rich and a bigger profit!. HMMMM.

Isn't it appropriate that the government take the CWB's gun away... so they are not allowed to terrorize growers any longer?

Then we could have a real vote for CWB Directors... that might really market our grain instead of stealing it!

ANd they could be kicked out... if they didn't perform.... like the rest of the real world must deal with... instead of hiding behind a lie with a gun in hand!

Comment

Using misleading words like stealing and coveting really prove your case. As far as I am concerned we all have the right to our opinions and should be allowed to express them in a free and democratic way. But to give in to a minority who scream a lot doesn't seem to be very democratic. If you are not selfish then you would not choose to ignore the will of the majority. You may disagree with the majority but to force all of us to walk the plank because you believe your right is selfish.

Comment

Agstar77;

God Bless you; and God bless Canada!

I hope your farm does well... and your family prospers.

I did not intend to attack you personally, nor any individual at the CWB... JUST the concept of the "single desk" which used confiscation (theft), envy; (pooling so no growers can do work to do better marketing) and fear; telling us the sky will fall if people have freedom of choice.

None of these: theft, envy, or fear are good reasons to build our communities, or manage our affairs. Yet the CWB "SIngle DEsk" directors expect me to swallow them and run my business respecting them.

No thanks... and I would appreciate it if you would not force me to do business using these principals through a goofy vote on CWB concepts that destroy our communities, Country, and world: and lead us to destruction.

Comment

Somehow I don't think grain marketing will lead us to detruction LOL. Maybe the religious fanatcs in the middle east will! That 's a far more serious problem than how we market our grain.

Comment

agstar77;

And how is the CWB theology any different?

1. Fear, the CWB uses it the same as the folks in the Middle East... to keep free will bound by force instead of by co-operation and building of our relationships... using trust and integrety instead of that fear;

2. Envy, the CWB uses this theology the same as the folks in the Middle East... to keep "designated area" growers bound in a mentality that some one else owes me...

When another grower works harder... if they are blessed in a different way than the "single desk" grower is... The "single desk" grower is entitled to take some of their blessing away from their neighbour.... At GUN Point: as Chairman Ritter so correctly pointed out; AND it is a GOD given right to point the GUN and pull the trigger (put them in Jail or levy huge fines)!

Blind Faith in a Deception, As the folks in the Middle East will find out... Just because you believe something does not make it true.

All the best attributes of Islam are sacrificed on the alter of this selfish destruction... I am sure they will find this out after they die... when the damage is already done.

As are the best attributes of co-operative marketing and prosperity building; destroyed on the alter of the "single desk" CWB Monopoly.

Fear, Envy, and deceit are powerful forces... there is no doubt the folks in the Middle East use them to maximum effect... and the outcome is the same as at the CWB.

Whenever freedom and free will are sacrificed on the alter of Fear, Envy, Hatred, and Deceit... Destruction of civilisation that has been built on Judeo-Christian principals (Love, Faith, Hope, and respect for our neighbour) is the result.

Comment

Basis KCBT Dec, cents/bu, railcar through or to Kansas City

Protein Basis Range Change

Ordinary 22/35 0/0
                      11.00 PCT 27/40 0/0
                      11.20 PCT 43/56 0/0
                      11.40 PCT 43/56 0/0
                      11.60 PCT 43/56 0/0
                      11.80 PCT 43/56 0/0
                      12.00 PCT 43/56 0/0
                      12.20 PCT 43/56 0/0
                      12.40 PCT 43/56 0/0
                      12.60 PCT 43/56 0/0
                      12.80 PCT 45/58 0/0
                      13.00 PCT 43/58 0/0
                      13.20 PCT 40/57 0/0
                      13.40 PCT 40/55 0/0
                      13.60 PCT 34/49 0/0
                      13.80 PCT 31/46 0/0
                      14.00 PCT 28/43 0/0

When I talked to a Miller in Kansas City; He was insisting there was no low Px winter wheat in the US system, eriod.

Same goes for Hard spring wheat he said.

Therefore the protien payments on winter and spring wheat this year are a matter of CWB form and artificial to the market forces here in North America.

Simply put; the CWB Single DEsk forces the sale of lower Px wheat at large discounts to actual market value.

In fact there are premium markets for lower px wheat... as the numbers above indicate.

Or have I missed something?

Comment

Tom I asked you at a public meeting when you ran for the CWB that if you found more money in the pockets of farmers with the CWB if you would change your mind about ending their powers. you would not answer the question then . how about now?

Comment

Stubblejumper:

"Tom I asked you at a public meeting when you ran for the CWB that if you found more money in the pockets of farmers with the CWB if you would change your mind about ending their powers."

" More money " in the pockets of CWB farmers... when they took it without permission and against the will of a neighbour grower...

Is Immoral, wrong, and theft.

CWB powers as used today are a curse on the "designated area" of Canada.

Ill gotten gain; that spoils our communities.

In principal, no person (farmer who needs market choice) should have their property (grain) confiscated by a large group of CWB "single desk" supporters...

In an Immoral vote;

Who want a free ride on the back of innovative hard working neighbours.

Please grow your grain, sell it to whom ever you think is worthy... work with whomever you need or want to... in the spirit of co-operation and integrety.

In this spirit we could even work with Other Canadian, American, Australian, Argentinian, Eastern European, and any other grain grower on this little blue planet... to provide high quality food to a hungry world... at a fair price.

Now this would be a co-operative organisation worth belonging to!

Comment

I guess in Tom speak that means no. Must be Irish, a principle is a principle is a principle.

Comment

Well said Tom!!!!!!!! exactly what I have been thinking this last month of harvest.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...